Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

How to preview stories in Advanced mode?

10 years ago

In the basic editor, you were able to preview your story game. Can you do the same in the advanced editor?

10 years ago

Oh, I know what you mean!  I just switched my storygame over to advanced just to make finding pages easier and now I'm sort of regretting it because I like playing through to the spot I was writing last.  The closest I have come up with is you open the first page, and then just click through the links using the blue arrow to the left of the name of the link.  It leaves a bunch of open pages though.

10 years ago

You have to exit out of the editor to play your game-in-progress - but you can simply open your game in one tab while editing it in another. The only thing to keep in mind when doing this is that you have to Restart the game any time you add or edit your variables - otherwise you will get flakey variable interaction.

10 years ago

How do you do that?

10 years ago

Click on title instead of edit from My Stuff. Then open another window and actually edit it from there. Restarting a game is as easy as clicking 'restart' off the story window itself.

10 years ago

Thank you :D !