Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 1/3/2015: That's what the advanced editor is for.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

Would it be good for copying storygames?

For example, with one storygame, you want two different versions of it. Instead of making a new one why can't you copy the one you already have? Then change the things inside it.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

That sounds like a good idea, especially for us who have tablets and can't copy&paste stuff.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

Why not just edit what you already have?

I don't see the point, nor practicality, of this unfortunately. So I'm giving it a no.

EDIT: Sorry, I just re-read this and realized I misunderstood it. But I still don't understand when or why a feature like this would be handy.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

For example:

1. Is there a time when you accidently removed one of the pages or a chapter?

2. Is there a time when you fear that your co-authors or testers would "accidently" remove one of the pages?

3. Is there a time when you want a game, with different versions but don't want to make a new storygame?

4. Or, is there a time...

Copying storygames

9 years ago

1) Wait, you can remove a chapter? I don't think you could accidently remove a page either.

2) There is no account of coauthors removing or sabotaging parts of storygames, and if you do not trust a coauthor, they shouldn't be your coauthor.

3) That is why people unpublish their game and make new paths on it but don't connect it to the story until it's finished and republish it.

4) Most of this could be solved easily by a different feature already asked for; a chance to go back and restore an earlier version of the story that was saved. Though that would be much more trouble than it's worth, especially in implementing it in the advanced editor section.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

I can see how this would be useful for writing unfinished, dummied-out expansions for already published games, but seeing as how this could be used to spam WC fanfics, I'm against it until further notice.

Copying storygames

9 years ago

I agree. We can't give the furfucks any more ammunition against us.