Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Unforgotten Preview- Chapter One

9 years ago

This is a preview for my story that I hope to be out in July sometime.

Your face is on a cold, stone floor. "His name is Tom Fullerton" You hear someone speaking in the other corner of the darkened room. You feel the warm heat of a fire blazing and the sound of men walking up the staircase together. You lift your face off the floor and look around. There is a table with a jug and a note, inside the jug is some sort of cider, and the note is a letter to one of the men's friends. "What is going on?" You think and you take a seat on the chair opposite the desk. Suddenly, you hear the noise of the men coming back down the granite staircase! What do you do?!

To be continued in the story....

What do you think so far?

9 years ago

It's good enough for a preview, but what genre will it be?

9 years ago

It's a Mystery/Puzzle story.

9 years ago

It didn't seem like it from the preview, it sounded a bit more like an Action story, since you know all the footsteps being heard coming towards him.

9 years ago

Okay, I'll change it to Action genre.

Well, Modern Adventure.

9 years ago

You can keep it a Mystery/Puzzle, but try to make it sound like Mystery/Puzzle story if you want it to be that!

9 years ago

No, It's okay I like your tip. It does involve guns and etc so it is more of an action story.

9 years ago

Glad I could help around! :D