Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Game of Thrones Predictions?

8 years ago

(SPOILERS TO BE DISCUSSED HERE. SO SCARY!)

Okay, so, I was wondering if we could make a thread for Game of Thrones theories in general. Y'know, your everyday R + L = J, Varys is some mermaid dude, Gregor and Sandor are brothers, y'know.

Let the game of theories, commence.

8 years ago

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane and Sandor "The Hound" Clegane are brothers, they have the same family name. Didn't know that people considered this a theory.

8 years ago

I wanted to to put it as an inside joke.

8 years ago

No offense... not a very good joke. I have a few ideas how you could've made that a bit funnier... Anyway, wrong place to discuss this, this site doesn't have many GoT fans...

8 years ago

I can see that. The GoT thread was pretty empty.

8 years ago

I've been reading a lot of crackpot theories, so yeah, may have sounded a bit stupid down there. Speaking of crackpot, 

https://np.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2c86ja/spoilers_published_what_would_asoiaf_be_like_if/cjd15oh

8 years ago

I might be biased and I know it isn’t likely to happen, but I’m hoping the Night King wins in the end.

8 years ago

The night king and the whitewalkers are apparently 'misunderstood' by GRRM.

8 years ago

I just really hope Ramsay doesn't die. He's by far the most entertaining character.

8 years ago

Yeah, Ramsay’s pretty entertaining. I’m sort of surprised both Boltons lived last season. I know time might be running out on one or both of them though. Hopefully at least one of them makes it to the last season even if they ultimately kill them off.

Oddly I think Roose Bolton is probably one of the better dads on the show. Lol.

8 years ago

I wouldn't mind Roose dying. If Ramsay somehow ended up on the iron throne...

The White Walkers winning would make an interesting ending too. I think it's a possibility.

8 years ago

I think Roose Bolton will go next season. Ramsay then has to do something stupid. It's been a damn tradition in GoT, mad rulers at the crown. So, Ramsay becomes snow Joffrey and screws around.

8 years ago

I think Roose will be snuffed out next season and Ramsay declares himself the King in the North. The northern lords then get pissed cause a Stark-only-rules-the-north and stuff, and them, there will be a huge battle. GoT, being GoT, the north will lose.

8 years ago

I'm halfheartedly hoping that the whole thing is just a parable for the effects of climate change where the nights watch are the climate scientists and everyone else is well... everyone else.

Then, the series ends by the crushing tide of white walkers (effects of climate change) killing absolutely everyone.

8 years ago

The white walkers killing everyone, because Cersei goes crazy and blows up KL, with Wildfire.

8 years ago

Obviously it'll be that Varys is Ned who is Rhaegar who is Edmure who is Robb who is Tommen who is Robert who is Arya who is Gendry who is Dany.

8 years ago

Not so much of a theory, but more of an intriguing topic. Apparently a new Priestess of Rhllor is entering the next season.

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/game-of-thrones-casts-a-new-red-woman-for-season-six/ 

Could be interesting?

8 years ago

Well R + L= J is going to be revealed. JS will probably warg into Ghost for a time. As for the Great Northern Conspiracy (which may not even come into play in the show)...well however you look at it, the Boltons are fucked. JS could be leading the other Northerners into battle with Ramsay (Battle of the Bastards), with Littlefinger leading the Knights of the Vale into the fray at the last moment, Tywin-style. Speaking of which, I don't imagine either Littlefinger or Walder Frey are long for this (well, their) world either. Littlefinger will eventually fly too close to the sun (as he has numerous times already, at least in the show) and Sansa will somehow bring him down. And it's only a matter of time before the Freys are paid back in kind for the Red Wedding (though Lady Stoneheart probably won't be in the show). Arya will be sent to assassinate Jon. Jaime will kill Cersei. And Cleganebowl will happen...or else.