Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello! Noobie here with a question!

8 years ago

Hello! I recently discovered this wonderful website thanks to Reddit. So far, I've taken on a zombie apocalypse and and getting through a Homo Perfectus story. Both have been fun rides to be sure. I've checked out a couple other stories, but noticed in each of them a strong heteronormative narrative. I get tired of those easily, so decided to look for some LGBT stories because I find those more interesting, and as a member of the LGBT community, relate more to having that in a choose my own adventure story rather than constantly have to play the role of a heterosexual person by default.

What I would like to know is if there are any good stories that a) are LGBT or give you the option of playing LGBT, b) don't focus on heteronormative options or gender identity/forced behavior, or c) don't focus on gender identity or orientation at all. I'd personally prefer to find stories in preference order a-b-c.

If not, I'll have to create my own! Thanks for the help!

8 years ago

Welcome to CYS! I'm sure @Kiel_Farren or @BradinDvorak could help you with any of those questions. If you have any questions about the site, drop me a line and I'll have some answers to your questions (hopefully). I give you an official welcome!

8 years ago

I hope someone can find something you'll like to read, but there's a lot of quality stories here and in most romance options or gender identity aren't the point in the first place. I'd say you were missing a lot refusing to read them because of the main character's orientation wasn't one you thought was interesting enough.

I mean personally I always wish there were more adventure stories with female characters, especially growing up reading a lot of classic sci-fi, but a good story is a good story regardless. I think a good plot will always hook you and it's always possible to empathize or at least get inside the head of a protagonist that's different from yourself as long as they're well written and believable as their own person.

8 years ago

Welcome to CYS~

Good lucl with your projects!