Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Windows 10: should I get it?

7 years ago
I would think not, but anyone here that has windows 10, plz tell me if it sucks. I don't want to upgrade to some glitchy "Great" windows 10.

7 years ago

It's glitchy as fuck whenever you try to do something out of the ordinary, (looking through files and shit, etc.) slow, the entire thing is built like the Xbox dashboard, and vidya doesn't work.

If you're into that kind of thing, then you should totally get it.

7 years ago
okay, thx I guess. going to wait for a few more to decide ^_^

7 years ago

If you have Windows XP, you definitely want to upgrade since there's known vulnerabilities that are not going to be fixed that are being exploited.

If you have Windows 7, you probably don't need to update unless you want to play a game that requires DirectX 12.

If you have Windows Vista or 8.1, you definitely should upgrade.

It's entirely possible to completely ignore the metro UI stuff, the Windows Store, etc. File exploring isn't slow at all. You'll want to change your privacy controls (spread throughout the entire options area) though.

7 years ago
thx

7 years ago

Could it be....?

7 years ago

7 years ago

Conflicts often with older hardware, especially ones that upgraded into Windows 10.    Computers that have only Windows 10 run better, but there's a still plenty of older programs that W10 can't use.

Don't mention the drivers, though.  Not all may work, so sometimes it's impossible to use a certain component (some friends used to have fingerprint and a scroll wheel touchpad, but now those don't work).

7 years ago

Most of the main glitches and bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell, but W10 still has some incompatibility issues.

7 years ago

No one should. It has telemetry features that literally can't be disabled. And the things that can be disabled either require you to jump through a thousand hoops or require a third party workaround. Stay away at all cost. 

Also, disable telemetry on W7: https://voat.co/v/technology/comments/853510

7 years ago

If you downloaded windows 10 I give you my condolences.

7 years ago
Dude, it's literally the best operating system ever, it is way better than 7 and that's saying something. I personally love Windows 10, and even though the updates can get a bit annoying, they don't happen to frequently, so things are good on that. You need a Microsoft Account to try Kortana, but I do recommend it, don't really know what the layout of the start menu looks like because I use a screen reader, but as far as I can tell, it looks similar to the 7 start menu, and not at all like the crap known as windows 8.