Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Collaboration

7 years ago

Dear Fellow Storywriters, 

As of late, I have grown slightly bored with just writing stories. Until I thought of this idea. I wanted to do something different. What if all of us, could contribute and combine our talents to create a completely different than ever before story. That is my proposal to you all. If you want to help, send a message back and spread the word. I would like the message to contain the following things... 

-What type of stories would like to create and genres you prefer to create. 
-The perspective/Point of View you like to write in. 
-The type of character you like to write 
-And any more writing info/preferences you have. (The more the better) 

Other than that, feel free to spread the word. 

I'm looking forward to working with those of you who are interested. 

PS. It would be too hard to create a advanced story this way, as I have never done this before.

Collaboration

7 years ago

It'll take 4 minutes to make this popcorn, you guys. Don't get started without me.

Collaboration

7 years ago

Well, I held my breath and played both games. I went through as many variants as I could be bothered, and still had time left over.

If, and this is a big if, you want to collaborate with people, you need to give them something interesting to use as a hook, and set up a story to let them be creative.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/allegedly-a-dragon-story

As an example. Each writer decided to do something interesting, and wrote something they could do within the framework of "You are a young dragon, learning to be a dragon". Each of the people involved, had experience, writing chops and a lot of respect ofr each other. You, matey, are a random ghost who could easily just want to ride the coat-tails of someone else's work.

So, sorry love but might be hard to get anyone interested with such a vague project.

Collaboration

7 years ago

No no no, a new story. I know my old ones sucked.  Sorry if i confused you, i meant we could co-write a new story.

Collaboration

7 years ago

If your old ones sucked, why would anyone want to co-author a story with you?

Collaboration

7 years ago

Because this is another of those cases where when they say 'co-author' it means they want someone else to write it for them, and in this case even provide the basic idea for the plot. There are all kinds of lul-worthy things about the OP actually, I thought I'd let others point them out, but once again all of you massively disappoint me.

Reading it again just to be sure, and I don't see even a single idea or incentive offered to make someone want to participate. 

Collaboration

7 years ago

Thanks Steve, I forgot to highlight, underscore and bold this point, and naturally it got missed.

Nothing, would be worse, it's true. But two very mediocre games, are hardly a tickertape parade of recommendation either.

Collaboration

7 years ago

Co-authors will be providing the ideas, the actual writing, the talent, and the proofreading. Seems like a fair and reasonable agreement.