Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/27/2012: Good idea, but lot of work for someone non artistic. Perhaps the community can develop these with the new site.

Desktops

18 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jan 14 2006 4:18PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were Good idea!
Hey, can we have some made desktops for our computers?  The desktops can't be found on the site.  They range from 50 to 200 MAG points each.

Desktops

18 years ago

What do you mean "desktops"? Like, a the background image on your desktop?

Desktops

18 years ago
Yeah.  Many websites have them.

Desktops

18 years ago

Some Ideas for them would be apreciated.

Desktops

18 years ago

Definitely doable. I like my plain blue background personally, but I will talk to choco about one. Would you like a NEW and NEVER seen before Cysid as a desktop? Or maybe the Fantasy cysid (he's a fav of mine)

Desktops

18 years ago

Do you think you could make MAG ecards too? They could be 3 MAG Points each, or free if we are using them to recommend friends to the site.

Desktops

18 years ago

See if you can get choco to make many destops for the site.

The more choices the better.  Mabey one every month or something like that.

Desktops

17 years ago
An update on this?

Desktops

17 years ago
Help me out w/ an idea -- i have the pictures but where should they be put? Where should there be a link off of?

Desktops

17 years ago
New tab on the left.  MAG POINT SHOP.  Or something like that. then anythign you wanna sell (like more web parts, walkthroughs written by March or you or a mod, desktops, etc, merchandise) goes there.

Desktops

17 years ago
Good Idea but it could also be in the My Stuff Tab.  The MAG Point Shop could be in the My Stuff area.  Oh, and you could buy moderation powers with them also.  Make sure that's really expensive though.  We don't want just anyone coming and taking mod powers.  For desktop ideas you could take some games that are famous such as Cryptode, Mattias, Walmart, Jung Hero, and all those other ones.  You could also have special pictures of Cysid doing things in the games like mabey cysid trying to walk out of a circle (you know that game right).  Those would be cool to see.

Desktops

17 years ago

OK This makes sense, good input JJJ and Havvy, thanks. I will simply redo the MAG Points page (oh yeah we need a new name for those, cause of ChooseYourStory -- so think of something fun) -- it will be the central page that will reveal your "unlocked" stuff.

And as far as buying -- nothing will be for "sale" saince that implies that u'd have to get rid of mag points -- once you get X points, something will be unlocked and you will get a PM indicating this.

I'd like your input on this -- if you reach X Points (let's say 100) and get something unlocked, what if (due to Dueling) you go below 100 points? Should this still be unlocked for you, or should u have to get back to 100 to get it again?

Desktops

17 years ago
I'm thinking of having two sets of MAG points.  One of them would be your total from doing things that aren't duels that do points and another set called Buying Points that do change from duels and buying secrets and stuff like that.  Newgrounds call the points that when you reach X points you get a Secret Unlocked.

Desktops

17 years ago
An update? This would actually be one that I'd really like to be done as it's a do and forget for awhile one. Ask Choco, if he can make some (I think they are called wallpapers) wallpapers for some of the better stories. Wouldn't it be nice to see Mattias doing things from his game on your wallpaper.

I also have an update on the idea. For game wallpapers, you actually have to rate the game to be able to get the wallpaper. That way there's no spoilers.

Desktops

17 years ago

Here is a list of what I think you should be able to buy at the MAG points shop:

Have cysid and MAG screensavers (and wallpapers) for our computers

Mod Powers

Smileys

Printouts, etc

Certifictes

Pictures (for use in storygames)

Music (for use in storygames)

Walkthroughs (Price depending on the difficulty of the game)

Trophies (Your own trophy you can award to people)

Layouts (like MAG and CYS layouts. New graphics, same site.)

You should be able to sell at the MAG points shop:

Walkthroughs

Music

Pictures

Printouts

Please consider these alexp.