Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Fantasium

6 years ago

Recently, I had an idea that I really like, and want your opinions on it.

The Fantasium, (Pronounce Fant-a-see-um) the clash of worlds, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and Modern Adventure become one in this story. You see, some modern scientist were working on a time machine, experimenting around, when suddenly, a large explosion occurs and rifts in space pop up everywhere. As millions from different times come flying out of nowhere. Of course, the military have to try and cover it up, so they go and start a three way war. Each faction is weak to another and strong against another. Fantasy beats Sci-fi but is weak to modern. Sci-fi beats Modern but is weak to Fantasy. Modern beats Fantasy but is weak to Sci-fi. There will be three playable characters in this. They are listed below.

Jacob Woods: He is from of the Sci-fi, part of the military. He is one the capital ship when a rift opens in front of the ship, tearing the ship in half and sending it plummeting into the Atlantic. Jacob boards one of the escape pods, along with two other soldiers, a child, three adult civilians. They crash into an unknown land, A.K.A an unpopulated section of North Carolina with thick forests. He is a mean and rough badass on the outside but ultimately is a good person who just wants to get home.  No background established.

Mathew Woods: He is from Modern, also part of the military. He is in the base that caused the rifts when the event happens. Mathew is quickly ordered to go eliminate some "Terrorists" that are down in Texas. Small story and no background established.

Arthur Woods: He is from modern, but a civilian this time. He and his Caravan were traveling when a rift opened up right next to them, sucking them in. Only Arthur survives, stranded on the outskirts of New York City. He was raised by the small village he was in, for his parents were killed when he was young. He is a very kind and caring man who jst want to get home.

One ending can be achieved by all paths, but others will be different. Now an explanation on why certaint factions are better than others.

The Sci-fi use plasma an laser weapons. The armor of the Fantasy deflects these shots. The guns of the Modern have armor piercing bullets and use explosions more often than Sci-fi, which are, of course, better than Sci-fi.

Sci-fi have advanced armor that deflects shots from Modern, the only reason Fantasy is better is because Sci-fi can barely do shit to Fantasy.

Modern is better than Fantasy is because the reasons stated above. The Plasma and Laser weapons of the Sci-fi burn through the armor of the Modern.

Think that's all for now. If I add anything I'll post about it later. Please, give me your opinions and ideas on this.

The Fantasium

6 years ago

souds prett ggay

In all seriousness how does Modern beat fantasy again? If anything, I think Sci-fi and Fantasy would be neck-and-neck while modern is left far behind. Are there going to be any notable characters from Fantasy?

Also, what kind of dude with a name like Arthur Woods is doing in a caravan? He sounds like the sort of guy who would be working in a school and playing golf in his free time. 

The Fantasium

6 years ago

Damnit! That's supposed to say Fantasy! I don't know, this is in kinda early planning, so Modern getting screwed over sounds like a good idea.

The Fantasium

6 years ago

Or maybe Modern could be only slightly below Fantasy due to its magic.