Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This was you CYS/Present Personality

6 years ago

This is quite the post. Congrats for the 14 year journey, CYStia. But in all seriousness, I don't know which is harder: writing a story, or composing a forum thread worthy of the CYS audience. 

I find that every site that contains a social element, has it's own personality. I'd compare the CYS Forums to Outpost10F, though I feel like the latter is a little more easy-going. In CYS there is of course, the need to retain a near-civil discussion.

But of course, that's easier for me to do when I'm holding a vocal conversation. Whereas, in chatrooms (like Outpost10F) & Reddit forums I can be silly and random to a larger extent. But,  there are more "serious" places than CYS,  that's for sure.

Imagine if I posted a forum thread, treating this site like a sitcom?

I.E. " @mizal, I really need you to cover for me tonight. Mom would freak if she knew where I'm going to be!"

Well, I can imagine that wouldn't be good for my presence here.

Thoughts or Contributions, anyone?

6 years ago

Pffft. It's super easy to make a good forum thread.

All you really need to do is subtly bait people by saying controversial things you don't entirely think are true.

Controversial Thing

6 years ago

Good point, Tim!

Eat The Cheese by @1234565432 is the best storygame on CYS and @Chanbot is just a mass hallucination!!!

6 years ago

Yeah, it's obviously easier to make a forum thread than a story. Any idiot can make decent forum thread.

6 years ago

Easy to make a good forum thread. Just put the topic as something highly controversial. Like Trump, your thoughts on feminism, or something about the LGBT community... Ect. 

6 years ago

Oh, let's make all of those, I'd like a controversial topic.

6 years ago
unfortunately most of them have already been done a few times over now. I think a racism OP is due though. Most threads involve racism but the last thread that really addressed it in the title/OP was a year ago IIRC.

Pro tip for anyone who wants to make a 400+ post thread: ask Morgan_R what she has an opinion about and then make a thread with her opinion as the title.

6 years ago

Where is Morgan_R anyway? Oh nvm, she's online.

6 years ago

*owl's online. ^_~

6 years ago

@Morgan_R Please tell us about your wacky and zany beliefs for the sake of the banter.

6 years ago

Non-binary genders are real and valid, and please use owl/owl/owl's as my pronouns. ^_^

(They/them/theirs are also 100% fine, to be clear. The owl thing is a running joke, not an actual identity. But you asked for zany. XD)

6 years ago

Oh, you've been going with "They"? Well fuck, that works on two levels, as it also helps my mental image that you're a schizo like the guy from Split, because sweeping stereotypes are allowed when Steve does it.

6 years ago

That seems a little unfair.

6 years ago

Well no, I'm not actually going with "They" because they're a schizo, I'm just fucking about at the owl, I'll go with "they" because apparently that's what they want. The fact they're off the walls bonkers apparently is besides the point, although I refuse to not bring it up every time I talk to them.

6 years ago

Careful, Steve, someone might start to think you're a halfway decent guy. XD

6 years ago

Yeah, but I'm hedging my bets that the majority of the site is actually pretty transphobic, given we've had more than a few members turn out to be homophobic, be they Zag, Temp Account or any other endless fucktards, so I'm thinking the majority will hate me more for this. Fuck it, I had to argue for have an hour with my own brother that gender and race and all that are social constructs in a conversation that started with "Have you heard of Ben Shapiro? He just convinced me that...!" yadda yadda fucking yadda, so really, everyone in the world hates you for what you are, and thus in standing with you I'm only furthering my ascent to eating the world as Aphophis the Great Serpent.

6 years ago

Aw, c'mon Steve. I thought we straightened this out. I'm not homophobic, and I definitely do not hate you.

6 years ago

I'm fairly sure where we ended was that you thought homosexual sex was negative and sinful. Do clarify if otherwise, I get you all confused most times.

6 years ago

Yeah, that's where we ended. That does not mean that I dislike or that I discriminate against homosexuals.

6 years ago
What about drinking paint thinner? Is that a sin?

6 years ago

I never said you dislike or discriminate against them. You just have negative feelings towards homosexuality, as you think it's a bad thing. Which is homophobia.

6 years ago

Oh, I wasn't saying using "They" is unfair, I was saying that it's unfair to have exclusive use of sweeping sterotypes.

6 years ago

I know, that's why I explained that I was only joking when I said I was calling Morgan that because of Split, because I'm not actually making sweeping generalizations, I was joking.

6 years ago

As was I.

6 years ago

Not sure at what point you were joking, but whatever.

6 years ago

Well, this is the first time I've mentioned it here, but yeah. I mean, there are enough people in my area who actually ask, and will actually use non-binary pronouns, and my former answer of 'argh goddammit all the choices are bad I don't knooow' was making people feel bad for asking, and also not actually giving them a pronoun set to use.

I still don't especially like singular they, but it's what the other non-binary people I know IRL use, it's easier for others to adapt to than neopronouns (not that I like any of those either), and it's damn sight better than 'she.' 9_9

And I'm not crazy at the moment, so it is singular they. XD

6 years ago

Neopronouns are stupid and sound awful, "they" works fine in a singular purpose, it's used all the time, so probably a good choice.

6 years ago

Could it be considered controversial that @Seto is the only user that I see in non-specific  CYS Google search results?

6 years ago

Wait what. Really? O.O

6 years ago

I mean, Seto is a common name.

6 years ago

Funny thing is that only until maybe a few months ago, I realized you could pronounce Seto as (SET-o) as opposed to what I was always vocalizing in my head: (SEE- toe).

6 years ago

I always went with Set-O

6 years ago

Yeah, after watching Yu-gi-oh, I got it.

6 years ago

I'd always thought it was (SEE- toe). I'm not sure which one is correct now.

6 years ago

It's SET-o 

X'D

6 years ago
It's Seet-oh, quit lying.

6 years ago

I'm disappointed with myself.

6 years ago

I don't understand how it can be anything else.

6 years ago

Same, it always seemed like SET-O to me.