Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Florida School Shooting

6 years ago

You have probably seen the news that a school shooting has occurred in Parkland, Florida. Seventeen are dead so far from a former and expelled student. I have just recently seen it, and I used to live right there. The father of one of my dearest friends and the man who caused me to enter the education field is a high school teacher there in the very place where the shooter assaulted. He could've been murdered. I have never been so closely effected by a mass shooting before, and I cannot describe this sickness inside me. I cannot imagine how it would be for those more directly effected.

My prayers are with those effected by this tragedy. God, help them find peace and hope.

Florida School Shooting

6 years ago

I'm sorry that you have to go through such a horrible feeling. It's always quite depressing to hear about these kinds of things happening. 

Florida School Shooting

6 years ago

I have a 9 year old cousin & when sandy hook happened he was too young to know what happened really but the realization that a family member of mine could have been killed in an elementary school shooting makes me sad & angry. Just like the fact that I attended the dark knight rises premiere & at the same time we were enjoying the movie someone else was shooting up another threatre. I feel a lot does have to do with not just gun control but the mental illness in people 

Florida School Shooting

6 years ago

Nah, it's gun control.