Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Truly Random Storygame Reading

4 years ago
I know you can just click random to find a random story, however I decided to take it one step further by editing the story id in the link of the story viewer tab. I have no clue what I’m reading and I love it. Most of the time it will just bring you to an error page, or somebodies unpublished game, but once in awhile you find a good story that you like. And the cool thing is you can only read it once, if you lose the story id, it will be hard/impossible to find again.

I guess I’m saying this because I was wondering if anybody else did this and if so what was the coolest story you found. I found old testing games from when the site was first being made. http://chooseyourstory.com/story/viewer/default.aspx?StoryId=4
That’s the first story created on CYS that hasn’t been deleted. It’s garbage, 0 character development, no plot, no gender choices!1!!!, and overall is just an overripe fetus begging to crucified, ..... 6/8.

4 years ago
Brad found this the other day: https://chooseyourstory.com/story/~00

4 years ago
Wait, didn’t we have another guy named bigboy? The guy who made that story shares the same moniker as our current dyslexic child. Is this a species I’m unaware of, or a family of people all named big boy? Logically, that means the first bigboy went to a NAMBLA convention with Serpent’s friend and never came back. Now the second one was upon us to wreak havoc, but instead he was got ran over by a Prius. Pathetic.

4 years ago
I was more interested in the fact that it had no title and that that URL seems to be literally the only way to access it.

4 years ago
There’s also the fact that there are only two pages, and no endgame link to escape once you hit play. I found that pretty funny.

4 years ago
Yeah but that's most unpublished games on the site.

I have no idea how the no title thing came about, but the account itself is old enough it's displayed as that row of question marks.

4 years ago
For some other random poking around the site, here's the link to my classic elf avatar everyone is always wanting me to switch back to: http://chooseyourstory.com/i/?40645

This will download the file, I can't find any way to view it without that. But they're all small files because of the upload limits. And here's the thing, you can also change the number to grab any image anyone has ever uploaded to the site.

There's no telling what's out there so proceed at your own risk. Let us know if you find anything interesting.

(To view on mobile I figured out I can hit Share on the file and act like I'm going to upload it to Discord. It will show up as a preview without needing to actually do it.)

4 years ago

(Featuring Skippy the snake dragon)

4 years ago
Dark elf selfie revival when?