Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
Winter Break at Hogwarts

This appears to be a nicely put together and gigantic IF game that has zero appeal to me because of the subject matter. I'm sure there are several of the less discerning among you who will enjoy it though, regardless of whether you choose to publicly admit that or not. @Castiel

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY ACTUAL GOSH IM GOING SPEND THE REST OF MY DAY PLAYING THIS GAME WHEN I SHOULD BE STUDYING FOR MY GIGANTIC TEST (fangirl squeal). THANKS FOR SHOWING THIS TO ME MIZAL.

Also, I publically charge mizal with the crime of not liking Harry Potter, please explain in front of the jury (me) how you can defy the laws of nature and dislike harry, potter.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
Oh, Fisted Dave. I don't know how you do it, but you do.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

No...

Don't tell me, YOU don't like Harry Potter too!!!

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
Thank you.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

I'll stop being a faggot. You hate Harry Potter to Endmaster, does everyone hate Harry Potter here cmon there has to be one Harry Potter fan?

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
I think there are lots of people here who read all the books and saw all the movies, but I don't know if anyone goes into all caps glee over it....except for maybe @Steve24833 who hasn't been saying in awhile, Ford's girlfriend Leora (who hasn't been around awhile either and may have been taxidermied and propped up at a computer given the one unconvincing photo we've seen as proof of life) and of course the various noobs who show up now and then to attempt and then fail to follow through with fanfic. But who knows, this thread might bring more Potterheads out of the woodwork.

The Harry Potter craze started when I was in highschool, they even passed out a print out of the first chapter or whatever to try and get us interested. I thought it was boring then and when I attempted to see what all the fuss was about later I still couldn't get through the book, I just don't think it has appeal to anyone who didn't read it at a certain age...and the people my age who ARE obsessive about it are universally awful. The prose is bland and lazy and I've read enough about plot holes and other issues in later books to convince me she was just pulling this stuff out of her ass.

Even what I've seen of the movies don't seem the great other than the kind of dark and gloomy atmosphere they all have which seems like it belonged to a movie featuring more interesting characters.

Seriously there's never been any of these crazes over a YA series I could remotely understand, Twilight and the Hunger Games went through that too to a lesser degree, and they were so fucking bad.

But, it might've been different if the first one had been published a couple years earlier. They don't do anything for me and I find all the obsessed fans tiresome, but, I don't want to shit on anyone's childhood memories or anything.

.....nah just kidding, I totally do. Also obviously I mostly hated them because Dumbledore was gay.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

Alright, I sadly will admit that going into all caps about my love of Harry Potter was maybe almost maybe a tad bit overdramatic. ( I was very, very, very overdramatic). Anyway, I can understand if you guys did not like Harry Potter, because you know stories plot holes and complicated stuff like that a lot more than I do. I read the book innocently, thinking about how cool it would be to be a wizard. Wizard games appeal to me because of that want of living in a world utterly different from the one wherein. 

Anyway, sorry for the outburst. It was late at night, and I thought that it would be smart, but it wasn't.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
Apologizing for everything constantly is not going to make Emdmaster like you more, if that's what you were thinking.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

First off, I'm not trying to suck up to anybody. I'm trying to change the overall opinion of me on the site. I hate sucking up in general just trying to defuse the situation. If I apologize for anything, it's out of my own will. I said I'm sorry because everything I say seems to tick off every single person on the site. 

Now since apologizing is illegal so I guess I'm not sorry for pissing everybody off? Also, I will stand my ground now and then apologizing seems to diffuse the situation more times than not, but not here.

Also, the last time I didn't apologize I lost all 108 of my points.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
Getting excited about a book series just didn't seem like anything you needed to apologize for.

I'm not telling you to do anything, just observing; you seemed to have gone from edgy rebel to really timid and apologizing a bunch for everything, when surely there's some middle ground.

Maybe you could find someone antagonistic towards you who's recognized as generally useless, like RealKuriowhateverhisnameis, and kick the shit out of him the next time the opportunity presents itself, while still maintaining proper fear of Endmaster. That might help.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

They passed out the first chapter at your school?  Is that even legal?  Or was it in english class for some kind of analysis?  I mean, Harry Potter's fine in my opinion, I personally enjoyed it, but that seems a little too similar to a drug dealer passing out free LSD samples for my taste.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
It was an English class, but it was just like "here read this, reading is allegedly fun!"

Harry Potter at the time was being treated as some magic pill for getting kids who didn't read recreationally to take an interest in it, I guess they saw an opportunity and were trying to take advantage of that.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

I'm also a Harry Potter fan. 

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

Great to know there are more Harry Potter fans out there.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago

Haven't read the books since I was young, but I like most of the movies.  I'll have to check it out, being less discerning and all.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
I enjoyed Harry Potter when I read it, but I don’t understand why everybody obsesses over it. I might check out that IF game though. Seems like it could be fun.

Hogwarts IFComp game

4 years ago
I'm going to assume someone named @AMuggleNerd might want to try this.