Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago

Surprised to see noone discussing this, considering AI Dungeon 2 was trained using ChooseYourStory as a training dataset.

It's basically a choose your story adventure like the ones here, except you can write whatever you want as an input, and the AI tries to generate a valid continuation, using a cutting edge text generation AI.

It ain't perfect; for one, its memory only goes back 2000 "tokens" (which is roughly half a word) though you can add more information in a "memory" field. It doesn't make perfect sense 100% of the time, though it may surprise you. And finally, it seems to use a lot of names of things from Rogues and other popular CYS stories...

Sooo many times, my character turns out to be from Teckleville, or is questing to defeat a Great Lich Lord, or whatnot...

You can try it out here: https://play.aidungeon.io/

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago

We had a thread about it 6 months ago. The creator even posted in it.

AI Dungeon thread

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago

Huh, weird. It didn't show up when I searched for it...

... Nonetheless, recent updates should make it worth trying again!

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago
Wheeee I sure do love when that thread isn't allowed to stay buried.

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago
I played the early version a lot but then at some point it seemed to get....dumber? Like, significantly. I don't know what changed exactly but it seemed to start having a much harder time following a story thread and at that point it just felt like messing with a fancy mad libs generator and I lost internet. I feel like I've gotten stuff that's way more responsive to input just from messing around with Lar.

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago
Yeah. When it first came out the site had some laughs and decent fun messing around with it.

Then after a few updates it was just sort of... not working, I guess. What it would output seemed to be more random than based off of what you put in. While previously the stories ended up being really nonsensical, they still at least had some semblance of a story to them.

It's a shame. It was a novel idea.

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago
The cost of running the AI servers was too high for the solo developer, I heard it was around 1 dollar per person or something.

AI Dungeon 2

3 years ago
It was also a disappointment because I thought we'd get a few more readers through it, but other than getting to chat with Nick in the discord a bit all it brought in was some rando who did absolutely nothing memorable besides show up on the server with a pfp of a little black kid inside a giant KFC bucket, then get kicked for inactivity a bit later.

It was like, ah yes finally CYS gets its moment of fame and here's the first representive from the classier, more mainstream regions of the internet, aren't we blessed.