Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/8819

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jun 27 2006 4:06PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were see comments
There should be an option to save games onto a My Favorite Games link on My Stuff.  Then you could just go to that link instead of searching for your favorite games normally.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
You beat me too it!  Oh well;  I'd still like to see this implemented.  Mabey we could show the favorite games links on the Profile page.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
I was thinking that maybe the games sections on My Stuff could be seperated into two sections:  Your games and your favorite games.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago

This could work, especially with the new MyStuff layout and whatnot. Do you find yourself returning to storygames you've already went through? If so why, and how often?

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
If the're really good, like Star Wars a New Galaxy and Cryptode, a lot!

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago

Long games are especially liked here.  Of course, we already have Saves for that;

I know Happiness Test is one I've played at different times;

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
I like this idea.  It also means you can show friensd a list of best games.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago

Sounds like an endorsement to me. Here's how it'll be done:

• in the Story Viewer (aka Game Player) Pop-up thing, an option will be added "ADD TO FAVORITES" or, "REMOVE FROM FAVORITES". This will only be visisble if you are logged on.
  • a web part will be added to the My Stuff page that allows you to see your Favorites, and remove them from the list
  • this Favorites list will also have a Last Published date on it and will notify you with the icon when the Date Last Played is less than the Last Published date

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
Is this being worked on?  I can't wait for it to be out.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
yes it is.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
Excellent!

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago

you can tell becasue it says

"This suggestion was accepted"

which means hel get around to working on it.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
Well, sometimes accepted things are forgotten, right?

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
nope.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago

ok, so you answered him 3j, but i wanted to add that there is a reason for that particular forum. to chronical what people want. alex gets to every single one of them...over time lol. it may take him awhile, but he will get to it.

nate

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
yes, yes he will.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
That's a good idea.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
tell alex to hurry up, that's a sweet idea : ]

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
It would probably be more useful when the amount of adventure games gets a bit more crowded though.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
Agreement.

[Members] Favorite Games

17 years ago
I've only read about four 8-worthy ones so far.. maybe it could have on your favourite games what you rated it or something.

[Members] Favorite Games

11 years ago

I'm for this idea but I think that we should also publish data on the game description page: "Rated 548 times, favorited 50 times" or whatever.

[Members] Favorite Games

11 years ago

While I rarely re-read a story, I think it's a pretty good idea. Maybe rather than favouriting an unlimited amount of stories, you can choose 5/7/10 stories that are your favourites. Limit the number to make favouriting a story more meaningful.

[Members] Favorite Games

11 years ago

I don't particularly care for my implementation idea (scroll up), and it does seem the nature of "favorite-ing"  has evolved over the years. These days it's half an indication that you want to go back to it one day, or a sign of appreciation. Different people have different opinions I guess.

Here's another idea for how to do this...

I'm just picturing like a STAR or something on the storygame page, and then you click it and that's that. You unclick and it's not lit anymore, and it's not favorited. Your favorite storygames are listed on your user profile, and that's that.

The "favorited 50 times" is not a bad idea. Just trying to picture how we have like a little stat box.

[Members] Favorite Games

11 years ago

That star is perfect. I think that I'd personally love to know how many times my stories were favorited.

[Members] Favorite Games

11 years ago

This sounds like a good way of implementing the idea. Thanks Alex!