Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

STATS Page

2 years ago

Hey guys, I'm making a storygame where stats play an important role in what the protagonist can and can't do, and need a way for the player to be able to see their stats throughout the game.

I noticed in The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost by Avery_Moore that they were able to create a STATS page next to the GO BACK and RESTART buttons that show how your stats continuously change throughout the story, and I was wondering how they did it.

I figure if I could manage that, it might be easier than making a bunch of different links at the bottom of every page to show their stats in that specific moment, and more aesthetically pleasing than just putting them on every page. Thanks for any help

STATS Page

2 years ago
It's something that has to be done with javascript. I was the one that told her how to do that, but using a script and explanation I got from Brad, and I'm not sure if I have either message anymore.

I do have a working example set up in a storygame though, I'll just need to go in later and piece together how it's done. I'm just getting off work now and I'll message you after awhile.

STATS Page

2 years ago
No it can be done with html just fine, you just need to fine tune the location. Since it doesn't like the raw code, here's a link to it: pastebin location. Just put this in your global page script, and replace the number 303 with your link id (and fine tune the location).

STATS Page

11 months ago

That pastebin has expired.

STATS Page

2 years ago

I must admit I'm pretty new to the coding and computer-ey kind of stuff so it would probably take me a few to figure it out, but otherwise I think I could do it. Just a tad bit overwhelming