Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 10/31/2008: Per tsmpaul, "You CAN play a story while still editing it in the editor. In MY STORIES right click on the story's title, and open in a new window. Then press the VIEW THIS STORY button like normal to bring up the game window where the story can be played."

Advanced play

17 years ago
Could there be a way to play your storygame on the advanced editor without exiting? It would be easier to test your story without getting mixed up and wasting time.

Advanced play

17 years ago

Good idea.

Advanced play

17 years ago
Also can you preview a certain page instead of having to play through your whole game?

Advanced play

17 years ago
Yes but what if your testing a certain script or restriction if u dont play trough hte whole thing then you wont have triggered any varriables.

Advanced play

17 years ago
I know, but for pages without variables and stuff, like preview the writing and how it'll look.

Advanced play

17 years ago
Why not just read it from the editor?

Advanced play

17 years ago
AWESOME IDEA!!! WE NEED IT!

Advanced play

17 years ago
I really wouldnt go that far...

Advanced play

17 years ago
Yes, we all know you hate new ideas. (Sorry JJJ but you are a sceptic... a REALLY HUGE SCEPTIC.)

Advanced play

17 years ago
I hate all stupid ideas.

Advanced play

17 years ago
This idea is not stupid, it is built into the classic editor!!! The advanced editor is supposed to have all of the classic features and more.

Advanced play

17 years ago
If you recall I never said it was stupid.

Advanced play

16 years ago
I agree.We need this so much, I would jump off a roof for it.

Advanced play

16 years ago
Ding, Ding, Ding. Rommel/Expander. Meet Tsmpaul.

Advanced play

16 years ago

You CAN play a story while still editing it in the editor. In MY STORIES right click on the story's title, and open in a new window. Then press the VIEW THIS STORY button like normal to bring up the game window where the story can be played.

Then in your MY STORIES window, click on the edit story link for that game. Then edit to your heart's content. In the story game window, it will update pages the next time the page is displayed. If you go to the game player window, to the page you are on in the editor and had changed something on the page, just press CTRL-F5 to refresh the page and any changes will be displayed. By using two windows in this way - an internet window with the editor open in it, and the game window, you can see how any changes affect the page, play the story, etc. Just use GO BACK in the game window to go back pages and test different paths. It's easy :)

Advanced play

16 years ago
I was actually about to go and post something exactly like that post....  Beat me to the punch, paul.

Advanced play

16 years ago
I was actually about to go and post that I was actually about to go and post something exactly like that post... Beat me to the punch, JJJ.

Advanced play

16 years ago
I was actually about to go and post that I was actually about to post that I was actually about to go and post something exactly like that post... Beat me to the punch, DEP.

Oh, and I fully do exactly what Paul does. Although this would be slightly useful, there are more important things to be done.

Advanced play

16 years ago
Hit that one on the head Doc, Oct. I'd love a member page.