Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Hey Everyone, It's been so long since I made a post, Been so busy I ahvent looked at this site in ages.
Does anyone else have the probolem of loosing interest in a stoy?? aside from a lack of time, I ahve a major lack of motivation. any suggestions for a cure???

What can ya do???

17 years ago
I too have that problem, a last, I don't have a cure for it though. Sorry.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
You just gotta tough it out.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
That's happened to me. I've got a cure that I think may work (it has for me so far). Get a prediction from JJJ (in other words get him to say it won't be finished) and then be mindset to prove him wrong. Before that, I could only work on stories for two weeks max (usually three days).

What can ya do???

17 years ago

Yeah cept, that only works til you mature enough and are able to critique your own work to realise im right :D

No offense :P

What can ya do???

17 years ago
None taken. I can critique my own work, and I'm not realising anything about not finishing. It shall be done. Unless I actually die somewhere in the process of making the storygame, I won't give up. Remember your prediction was that it would not be finished, and even if it was, not with twenty storylines. I'm sticking by that, so don't change it.

What can ya do???

17 years ago

I wont :P

No way it will have twenty storylines.  But I also mentioned that it would definintly not be the longest game on the site remember?

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Oh yes. Does that mean remaining the longest for ever, or just being the longest game at the time?

The Cave really shouldn't count, as JDog could just add to it at any time, but do as you wish. That may be included. I'm taking a while guess that the cave is 1800 pages? That is what I plan for the first storyline.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Ha Ha Ha.

I believe I saw either 800 or 900 a few days ago.

Don't try making an uber-long game.  It'll never happen.  Look at me for example.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
actually, i think any game over 700 pages is too much, then the player is playing the game gets tired of playing it. if you were to have a 600+ game, it needs to be consistent with interest, as well as plot, and must not be linear at all...

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Well, if you can make it long, have a standardized way of doing things, and has new content, it should be good.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Thank you havvy, finally someone that understands how funny people are when their always saying "oo mines the longest or best"

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Length can create bordom.... Its content that I feel people should focus on more, adn if the content is detailed, thorough and worth while It will have the potential to be long one and a good one.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Well, two examples of that would be Karacan's game, Magus I believe; and Madglee's game, Mother, can I go out and kill tonight, or something like that.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
This coming from someone who is stumped on a game.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
I'm not stumped, I've lost interest, plenty of ideas without the motivation to type them.
anywho, I'll just wait till the phase has finished and I feel the motivation again.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Solo, I'm planning to build the storygame on storyline, not filler text. If I run out of storyline, then I stop writing. Like I said, I plan it to be long.

And JJJ, you're hilarious.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
I know, truly hysterical indeed.

What can ya do???

17 years ago
I think the best way is to make a game YOU won't get bored with. I've started about about 1000 games and deleted 990 of them published 6 sucky ones and am working on a 4 game series thing. Just do what is interesting to yourself not what others think is interesting.  Like myself. I made horrible games. JJJ always says they were sucky and they were. But Hell, I could care less what he thinks. And I will care less what he thinks when the new series comes out unless it's good

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Excuse me for saying so, but that makes no sense whatsoever.  What is the point in publishing what you write if no one will enjoy your work?  I haven't written any stories yet, but I wouldn't have bothered with the Tolkien quiz series if I found that no users here read Tolkien.  And also, why would you wish to write anything of which you couldn't be proud?  You say yourself that your games "suck".  Why would you write a story of which you wouldn't want to say, "Jimi_the_Z wrote this!!"  I don't understand!

What can ya do???

17 years ago
Why don't you unpublish your stories if you don't like them so much?