Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Funny Thing About my Picture.

14 years ago

Have you ever wondered what the picture was on my profile? Here's another angle:

About ten years ago, I stopped at a garage sale on my way to work and I picked up this hideous oil painting for fifty cents. There was no way I'd be allowed to bring such a thing in my home, so I hung it up in my cubicle. Most coworkers said the sight of it made their day that much more dreary.

So what's the funny thing? Nearly EIGHT YEARS after I left that job, I told a coworker at my current company the story and showed him that old picture of my cube. He was shocked.

Nearly SEVEN EIGHT ago, he bought that *exact* painting at the Salvation Army in Strongsville, OH. Keep in mind, my old job was located right down the street, and years ago, my former coworker told me "they took all that crap you left at your desk and gave it to the Salvation Army." He dug up an old picture of his apartment... and it was the same painting.

Funny thing.

14 years ago
The funny thing is that he put it in his home xD

That's intense though, I remember you telling me about the picture when I asked what your DP was, like YEARS ago.

14 years ago
Wow. It does sound funny.

14 years ago

ROFL Nice story Alex.

I see Mega is enthused.

14 years ago

That's uncanny.  The picture is actually kind of nice, though...in a dreary, depressing kind of way. :)

14 years ago

I never really saw the picture as depressing.  I've always thought it looked... nice.  Haha, really though, I like it

14 years ago
Off with his head!

Baahahah no, I always thought the same.