Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Next Storygame needs a coauthor

14 years ago

Shadowline: World at War. At the point where I am, the story splits into two paths. I'm working on one, but to expedite things, I'd like to bring someone else on to do the other path.

Requirements:

Must be able to spell correctly or have a system to correct spelling mistakes

Must have at least a passing famililarity with grammar

Must be able to take mild criticism, probably just suggestions

Must be able to come up with a creative plot or, alternatively, work with a plot I create

Must be capable of having fun

Any volunteers?

14 years ago

lol World at War.

And I volunteer Juranas to do his own bloody work.

14 years ago

Thank you for that helpfull insight. I bask in the glorious light of your ingenious solution.

Hang on, I have sarcasm dripping all over me.

14 years ago

Oh, uh, actually I just came. Scuse me.

14 years ago
Are you serious?

So we need to be able to spell, but you can't spell familiarity? We needs to be able to have a passing familiarity with grammar and you can't even add a period to the end of 5 sentences?

14 years ago

See, this is what comes of me not running my posts through a spell checker first. Good catch.

And the left-off periods are intentional- it's a bullet list, except I couldn't figure out how to make bullet points.

14 years ago
Bullet lists still require periods unless they aren't sentences.

14 years ago

Enough arguing, kid, MAKE YOUR DAMN SUCKY GAME. And use a friggin spell check.

14 years ago

All right, thanks.

14 years ago
People will be more likely to co-author you if you ask politely on a 1v1 basis. Also, it helps to have a few quality games out there first.

14 years ago

Can you recommend anyone?

14 years ago

No! Go find your own! Gosh!

14 years ago

Guys, you're being kinda mean here.

Anubis the guy's just a newbie trying to get into the site, and while I would recommend that we tell him to try making a few smaller projects on his own before he even needs to ask for help on a game, I don't think it's really great to... well tell him his game is sucky and that you just ejaculated on him, when you uh, didn't.

If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure you're constantly referring to your own ejaculation Anubis, and while that may be a primary use of the internet for you it's not really the right topic for the writing workshop, in my opinion.

But yeah, Juaranas, start off making a few of your own games first, let other people see your writing style and story interests and then maybe consider asking for co-authors, as (I think 3j) said, on a 1 on 1 basis.

14 years ago

coauthoring does not end well. I recommend simply asking people for advice, or to give a section of writing some appraisal.

14 years ago
I've got a history with this guy, Miccy, it's a longer story than what you're reading here :)

(Plus I just hate it when people come on with little experience and ask for a co-author and then put restrictions on how good that person has to be.. lol.)

14 years ago

There are rude people all over the internet. I see no reason for this site to be any different. X D

14 years ago

lol Well I guess I was going overboard, but despite what everyone says, I just love picking on noobs.

Anyway, make your own games and don't rely on others to drag you down, or conversely, don't drag them down. Unless the idea is shared of there's a lot of work to be done, don't use co-authors. It requires a lot of coordination, and while small projects may work fine, larger projects are best done by one guy who knows exactly what everything is supposed to be like and how it should work together. Too many people means too many ways it can all go wrong.

14 years ago

You can co-author me, but don't expect much to get finished,lol! Everyone on here can vouch for that, right 3J? If you give me some plot outlines to work with in your story, I would actually probably get done. I have troubles starting out fresh.

14 years ago

The only games I've ever produced that involved co-authoring were the ones I made with Chris (doesn't come on here anymore). This only really worked because we kinda see each other all the time and don't just talk over the internet.

Can you imagine Tarentino making a movie where he didn't meet anyone else on the cast or crew? Aside from the fact that all the actors would have to be put onto the scene in compositing, it just wouldn't come out well.

Actually the first Scooby Doo movie I think it is, a lot of the scenes at the start when the group is together were green screened because the stars were all busy to be on the set at once. I would never have noticed were it not for the commentary, thought it was cool.