Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Storygames

13 years ago

Can anyone give some ideas for a storygame for me to make because I can't think of an idea. And um... Well this will be my first storygame on this website.  :)

Storygames

13 years ago
Go find inspiration from your life. Go for a walk, observe something beautiful.

Storygames

13 years ago

But here in Canada has lots of snow. ( I don't want to write about anything of snow )

Storygames

13 years ago

And I would not want to go for a walk in minus 37 degrees celcius

Storygames

13 years ago
I live in Canada and I grew up in the -40 prairies. Suck it up, people can't spoonfeed you inspiration.

Storygames

13 years ago
And you might want to go back to basics and look at grammar.

Storygames

13 years ago

I'm learning!

Storygames

13 years ago
Ah... kalun. If you "can't think of an idea" how could you write anything? I hope your post is not a troll. Wait a minute. There's an idea: a troll. Write a story about a troll. Take the traditional image of a troll and turn it around some way. Make him (or her) interesting.

I am a parent educator at a university. A parent comes up to me and asks, "... my son bites, what do I do?" If I give a suggestion I am likely to fall into the "yes, but" trap. The parent responds, "Yes, I could try that but...." and then gives some reason why it won't work. This little trap continues until I suggest something that they already want to do. Then the suggestion is brilliant. Or I could just avoid the trap completely.

In other words, any suggestion here may fall into the same "yes, but" trap. "Yes, a troll could be interesting but ...."

No one wants to debate you about the merits of any idea. Overcome your fear of starting and begin with something you find interesting. Maybe it's a lonely troll or a ...

One more thing. For goodness sake create a text file of everything before you start because editing later (if your story is long) is going to be difficult.

Storygames

13 years ago
Lovely advice! Agreed. I've never actually used a text backup but I hear it's useful.

Storygames

13 years ago

But I didn't write anything on this website yet except for this Forum post.

Storygames

13 years ago
That's irrelevant to what he's saying :)

Storygames

13 years ago

How about a French Canadian who advocates global warming to melt all the snow through diabolical means.

Storygames

13 years ago

diabolical means: get rid of summer vacation to get good test scores

Storygames

13 years ago
What, Fergie? Those aren't means.

And madglee. Yes.

Storygames

13 years ago

let me rephrase. diabolical goals: get rid of summer vacation so dumb students will study all summer in school and get their crappy scores up to A's

Storygames

13 years ago
Fuckin' Canadians! How dare they.

Storygames

13 years ago
haha! good one 3j!

Storygames

13 years ago

Storygames

13 years ago

not sure what to say, kalun?

Storygames

13 years ago

I'm sure of what to say i'm going to say : Can you give me a idea for a storygame?

Storygames

13 years ago

ok. how bout this:

You awaken in an abandoned village. You have little memory of who you are, let alone how you got there. so what you do is you walk around, finding all these weird buildings, especially this lighthouse. You go investigate it and you befriend a ghost who tries to help you get away from the village because it's cursed but this lunatic who made the curse tries to keep you in until you go completely insane!

Hows that for a story???