Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/19/2012: Good idear, but duplicate -- http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/5688

mobile users

12 years ago
Well I was thinking that it might be a good idea to make a mobile version of the site for people like me that get on with our android phones and such since the website is really touchy and so is the editor while on my full touch screen phone.

Hope you all enjoy my idea.
RandomLord.

mobile users

12 years ago

You mean like an app? I honestly don't know much about apps, including whether they cost money to create, but I do know that there is no way for this website to generate cash, donations or otherwise, so if he has to pay that option is probably out.

Also, it's great that you want to share your ideas to make this site better, but I know you havn't been active on the forums so you might not know that AlexP (the programmer) has a job now, so he doesn't have much time to spend on the site. Once again, I don't know much about apps, and that includes how much work it takes to make them, but if he is too busy to make simple changes I doubt he will have the time to make an app, or whatever it is you're suggesting.

mobile users

12 years ago
No it would be nice to have an app but I was thinking more along the lines myspace and facebook have a mobile versions of the site online so you can do some or most of the things from the full site but its easier to navigate and faster to load but it is all still in the browser.

mobile users

12 years ago
Yea, I don't know much about phone stuff (despite my boyfriend being a mobile developer). However, there is definitely a difference between mobile web page and a cellphone app. I don't think that it would cost money to make it mobile, and I know that the current site -sucks- on my phone, and is almost impossible to use, especially to make stories.

However, I'm also fairly sure that it would take more time than Alexp would be able to spend here. But it would be a really nice thing to see happen if he ever got some spare time.