Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Hey people! I know i havent been on here much lately, as again, busy times are upon me, which im used to by now! But, I was just thinking about the big movies that have came out in 2012!

How many have you guys seen? I have seen the Hunger Games twice, and the Avengers twice, I saw the Grey earlier this year, which im getting on blu ray/ dvd combo shortly! haha. And for now thats it, though im probably gonna see the amazing spider man and the dark knight rises a few times for sure also.

Did any of you guys see those yet? And any upcoming movies your excited for?

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
As some people here know, im the big movie buff

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Wrath of the Titans...
The Mummy: Tomb of ancient Emperor....these two are big movies of this year.
Yeah, I've seen 'The Avenegers'.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
I just don't know how I forgot to mention the movie 'Ghost Ryder: Spirit of Vengeance'

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Avengers, and Hunger Games, and hopefully ill get to see Prometheus soon in theaters.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
The Avengers, missed seeing the Hunger Games.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
The only movie I've actually seen that came out in 2012 was the Hunger Games, I'm not a big fan of the movie theater :P

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
The only time I went to the cinema this year was to see Avengers, but I imagine I'll be going to see Dark Knight Rises as well.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
I saw the Dictator last night, it was decent. He's done better stuff, but I wasn't disappointed

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago

Was it scripted like most movies or like Borat?

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Every movie has a script, so every movie's scripted :P At least, every movie that I've seen. But, like Borat or Bruno, this was scripted, if I have teh same connotation as you do

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago

I mean how he kind of just messes with people in Borat and Bruno for the majority of the movies but the people being filmed aren't involved in it as much as they're just kind of there unlike most movies where everyone in the shot is an actor or an extra.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
A comedy like Borat is the reason why movies get bad reputations sometimes, to be honest i dont mean to say it like this, but I HATE movies like that. It's just my opinion, don't take offense and start blaming me people. I just prefer movies with a decent plot at least, good storyline, character development, and of course an important fact people leave out of film making is the actors delivery, and the camera shots which are taken, like over the shoulder, medium close up, close up. I'm mostly a camerman, or director. I'm not a great script writer, but here is a litle example from the girl with the dragon tattoo.

1 EXT. SWEDEN - DAY 1

A Christmas card vista is spoiled by a black line of
railroad tracks stitched onto the snowy landscape like a
scar pointing north to icy desolation. A phone rings -

2 EXT. CABIN - ESTABLISHING A2

2 INT. CABIN - LAKE SILJAN - DAY 2
An elderly man who lives alone in this rustic cabin -
a retired policeman - regards the phone, both expecting
and dreading the call. He picks up the receiver.

Of course the Ext means exterior, and the time is day, if they have to film in a short time at night, the lighting crew would set up the lights perfectly like it seems like day time.

And the numbers on both sides i believe stand for the amount of scenes, and the amount of shots. It takes time to learn this and even longer to master it. don't mind my obsession with film! :)

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago

Different strokes I guess. It's not really that I like that type of movie it's just that I'm a troll (This is the one site I don't troll on, consider yourselves lucky) and I think trolling in public is extremely funny and that's basically what he is doing.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Yeah, I love the part in Bruno where he hits on Ron Paul. If Paul wasn't so innocent it woudln't be nearly as funny :P

But yeah, The Dictator was entirely scripted.

Movies seen in 2012

11 years ago
Yea, every movie is scripted. Scriptwriting is just as important as directing, as some directors are scripwriters on another film, or maybe the same film they direct.

By the way sorry for not writing much on here lately, or getting involved in other forum posts, I just havent really had time, but im around from time to time