Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

How do I make an item only available for 3 uses???

11 years ago

Ok, I am seeing if someone can help me with this, I am trying to make an item in my game only usable 3 times during the entire game, do I need to script this or do I need a certain variable, and if so what is it. Also if you could please show me how to make it so that if I have to make an item with a different amount of uses, I can? Please I would be so grateful for anyone's help!

11 years ago

On the page for the item, go to where it says Number of Uses and change it from unlimited to 3.

11 years ago

Ok, I should have added this as well, I have a picture for the item and it does appear for 3 uses, my real issue is making it so that when you click the picture it does the desired function, in this instance restoring 50 life to the player.

11 years ago

Why the picture? Why can't you just press Use Item right below it?

11 years ago

Yes I can, that is not the point however, the point is making the item work so that it restores the 50 life, because when I do hit Use Item, it does not have any effect at all. And I added the picture for a bit of flair, if I make something I go all out!

11 years ago

You need to use the Item Script to do this. Looking at the Item Page, I see that you click on the Edit Item Script link. Then add the following inside:

%LIFE := %LIFE + 50

(make sure you use teh correct spelling for your Variable, whatever it is)