Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Chained God

11 years ago

Well, I've been reading quite a lot of Puzzle games and this new one is definitely one of my faves. A couple of bugs that need fixing but other than that I think it's definitely worth featuring.

The Chained God

11 years ago

I think it needs debugged first, before it can be seriously considered...

The Chained God

11 years ago

I'll certainly debug as best I can if you'll let me know what the bugs are... last time I tested it, it was pretty clean.

Edit: Oops! My sleep-addled brain somehow managed to overlook the fact that some of the items stay in your pocket for one turn too long... not to worry, I'm fixing that presently.

The Chained God

11 years ago

That's pretty much all I saw - you could get items multiple times from the same location by going there at different times. It really didn't hurt play any though.

I was a bit frustrated at how I couldn't make a molotov when I wanted to, without the additional ingredient, but it is a puzzle game, so I can also forgive that.

Just throwing this out there... I never did figure out what the heavy computer Monitor was for - though it would have been nice to bash over someone's head as an option (just a thought)  =)

The Chained God

11 years ago

I've updated the game. The items should work very smoothly now - no more phantom bottles or magical cabinets of infinite corn flakes. I'm not making the molotovs any more convenient - after all, it is a "wade through shark-infested water." (I believe that's what it's called anyway.)

As for the monitor, it was going to do something, then I scrapped that tangent and let the monitor stay just to throw people off... but since I was editing the game anyway, I decided to add some functionality to it after all. It can now be used on three pages.

The Chained God

11 years ago

Cool beans!

And I think you have a real shot at a feature game here. Amazing that you only took 3 days to put it together   =)

The Chained God

11 years ago

Hey how did you imbed the music BTW? Is there a music hosting site you used? What was the code you used?

The Chained God

11 years ago

I embedded Youtube videos with the dimensions set to 1 and autoplay on, like this:

<iframe width="1" height="1" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/randomletterscorrespondingtothevideo?rel=0&amp;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, thanks for your support, it means a lot coming from the guy who wrote 2000 pages and didn't even get paid for it.

Edit: 2000 good pages!

The Chained God

11 years ago

Thanks for the compliment - and the above youtube trick is pure genius! 

Thanks for sharing  ^_^

The Chained God

11 years ago

I really want to play this but I want to play it with the music, how do I turn it on?

The Chained God

11 years ago

The music isn't on every page, only certain important pages. Does that solve your problem?

The Chained God

11 years ago

so i am stuck [as usual] . i already have the ford key, chef knife, corn flakes, blank cd, tighty whities, tubing, bucket, zippo, motor oil, empty beer bottle [even poured motor oil inside the beer bottle so it became motor oil bottle], floppy disk, monitor, The Way Things Ought To Be.

I was trying to use floppy disk in the computer in the second room but the monitor went blue/dead. so i thought that the other monitor i have will fix it, but it says i can't use it there.... help anyone? :p

The Chained God

11 years ago

I'll PM you to keep Spoilers off this Thread  :)

The Chained God

11 years ago

got it :) thanks :D

The Chained God

9 years ago

I have to know what do you do after you get the computer to work and read the floppy disk? I've been stuck for two hours. I don't like to ask for help but I just can't seem to figure it out. You can PM me if you want.