Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Oxymory the movie the game the movie

11 years ago

Who thinks it should be taken down? I personally don't think so, as effort has clearly been put into the game, and the writing is not as bad as other games rated 1/8. Endmaster's games are way more offensive than that, so I think the maturity rating should just be increased to a 7 or 8, and the game should not be taken down.

11 years ago

at least EndMaster's stories make sense and toys your emotion. Take Eternal or Death Song for example.

11 years ago

I hate to defend it (and I don’t like it) but there is a Maturity Level 8 rating for a reason. So, it doesn’t warrant being removed based on how stupid the last scene is. What it needs is all the broken links in it fixed.

11 years ago

Is 8 even an option, because every time I've seen the maturity levels I've only gotten the option to go up to 7. Otherwise I would've rated a bunch of stuff an 8.

11 years ago

Hey, you may be right LOL!

11 years ago

Well keep in mind the game is the most unfinished story game I've ever seen. There's a load of links you're supposed to click and if you click on any of the other links they just take you to blank pages. If that got fixed then everybody can sit back and enjoy some strange little fetishes. cheeky

11 years ago

So I just managed to track this game down, by following the link from someone's points list, and I have to wonder... am I the only one who thought it was absolutely hilarious?

11 years ago

Content wise I've read a lot worse, the biggest problem with it is the multiple unfinished links. The random font changes are a bit annoying as well. Honestly I didn't even know about the story until this thread, let alone all the hate it was generating.

I actually thought this was something original at first, but it also says it's fan fiction, which I tend not to like on general principle, but I'm not familiar with the fiction it's…"fanning." (Is it some sort of manga web comic or something?)

11 years ago

No idea what it's based on, and I have no intention of finding out. The unfinished links certainly detracted, so overall it cannot be considered a very good story, but that doesn't change the fact that I was quite amused by some of the drunken conversations, and by the use of language particularly on the first page... I just think there is enough humorous substance here to merit mentioning.

11 years ago

OK GUYS

GUESS WHAT

Ok sorry I posted an incomplete story. I published it so I could have a friend do a quick run through to test it, and didn't know that it would be played by anyone else. I've unpublished it now and am going to finish it.

11 years ago

For future reference, you don't need to publish your story for someone to be able to play it (for feedback ect...).

As long as you have Sneak Preview enabled, anyone can go to the URL of your game to play it.

(http://chooseyourstory.com/story/OMOROXY%20THE%20MOVIE%20THE%20GAME%20THE%20MOVIE)

11 years ago
I'm familiar with what this is based on, and I was incredibly afraid of trying, but it didn't frighten me at all (probably because I didn't get to any pee pants parts so I didn't ACTUALLY finish it). I was also pleased by the chatroom stuff not being ridiculously off the mark. It's obvious you knew what you were doing at least 1% of the time, so I wouldn't give it a 1, but it could use more method to the madness. Unless that ruins the joke? Might be worth noting that the first post Loon mentioned had text directly copy/pasted from the source material, so eh.