Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 4/5/2014: See comments

A couple of minor suggestions

11 years ago

I've found some things that, though they're probably not enough to ruin the editor/forum, they're quite annoying. So, here are my suggestions, I think they're relatively easy to apply and quite useful.

-It would be great to be able to change the order of the pages, ideally by having two (preferably blue) arrows for up and down and maybe even two (preferably green) arrows for the bottom and the top. I mean the visual order, not the # numbers.

-I've found that it would be helpful as well if there were blue up/down arrows not only for the pages, but for the choices, so if you prefer the order X,Y,Z instead of the original order of Z,Y,X , instead of having to delete each one of them and set again the link restrictions and all that, you could just press one of the arrows!

-I didn't know that you couldn't use the [url] nor the [img] here, what about a preview button? (for the forum)

-Isn't it a bit ridiculous to have to option of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentage (in the variable changes menu) when you could just use +-*/% to do the same without having to open and close the drop-down list every single time?

-In some forums when someone replies a post, it rises to the top so the most commented topics stay where users can see them, though if you reply twice the post stays where it is to prevent trolling. I think it would be great if you could apply that feature.

Thanks for reading these suggestions, I'm not here for the points so don't even bother, I just want to help improve this fantastic webpage :)

11 years ago

1 - Agreed but it should be fused with this thread: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/3290
2 - Agreed but it's been previously suggested: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/7870
3 - I'd like this
4 - Just use scripting
5 - This isn't a problem here

11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, and about the 4th...

Effort required to make some simple variable changes:

now without scripting:

////

like I suggested:

//

with scripting:

////////////////////////

11 years ago

You can just click on the dropdown box and auto-call Addition by hitting 'a', Multiplication by hitting 'm', etc.

I suppose that will shave a few microseconds off for the unbelievably time-crunched user.

// ... there ya go  ;)