Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I'm finally writing a story. :D

10 years ago

The story is called "Blessed Darkness".

It is about a young girl who is one of the few people remaining to have the power of Magicka. The story begins at her fathers house which also acts as the local library. A certain book goes missing and she decides to go look for it.

Some things happen which can eventually result in her joining a secret order bent on world domination or death. (original I know.)

I'm mostly having trouble with the dialogue and while I have not written much I would like your opinions on how I am doing. Just ask me to send you the link to the story and I'll let you see what I have written. Not sure what else I could say to you guys about it.

10 years ago

The idea sounds interesting. Would read it, but I'm heading off to bed soon, so I'd be able to read it tommorow afternoon.

10 years ago

I would read it.

10 years ago

I would like to read it. Send me the link.

10 years ago

I'd read it, link me up

10 years ago

It does sound excellent  =)

10 years ago

Hey guys, how would I allow you to read it without making you co-authors?

10 years ago

You could post the actual page and links I the writing workshop, like, from the storygame

10 years ago

I'm going to post the first page so you guys can destroy my hopes and dreams. :)

The Day before...

Your name is Kolna. You are a citizen of the Yekto Kingdom.

"Today is another normal day for Jenikom..." mumbling the city name to yourself, as you look outside the window of the library.

Outside you can see the large oak tree out front and the paved roads lining your district. You even notice some blooming flowers near your door. You always leave the window open until you go to sleep so you can smell the Hima flowers you planted last winter, a sweet if common smell in this region.

You sit there looking at the village you live in when you suddenly hear your Uncle calling for you to come downstairs. Annoyed, you turn from the window to get dressed for the day.

Once you're done you go to your mirror and look into it, seeing a girl with bright red hair and firm shoulders. The girl is also dressed in a simple purple dress which goes all the way down to her feet. You know this girl is somewhat blunt and very protective of her family; or at least what's left of it...

Again you hear your Uncle again calling you to come downstairs...

10 years ago
I would certainly read it.