Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/2/2006: will do
This feature was completed 8/2/2006: done

Advanced Editor Customizable

18 years ago

There is a lot in the editor.  Make it so that there is no page that says, How about advanced features.  Instead replace it with that page.  Replace that page also.  Instead of it saying Advanced Options make it show a list of options like varibles and objects.  It would help make games quicker.  Make the list in a checkbox fashion.

18 years ago
Mabey I shoud tell you the second part.  Get rid of the simple editor.  Instead of it, make all games in the advanced feature.  Add chapters to the list of things you can have.   If you really want to go all out make each thing on the list a URL.  When you click one one like chapters, a new screen will apear giving a brief explanation on chapters.  That and remakeing the front page and the games page ( Mabey - There is nothing wrong with it), will make the site look completly new than it did in February.  I know, you agenda is huge.  If you need pictures have a contest.  I will award my own points to people for it.

18 years ago

We want to definitely keep the diff between CLASSIC and ADVANCED games. One reason being, you could easily printout a Classic Game and turn it into a booklet -- this would be impossible with an ADV game.

Plus, CLASSIC editor is to most natural thing to do -- you Edit while you Play. The ADV editor requires thinking about the story as a set of pages, and then trying to link them together.

18 years ago

I think this would make things more confusing, it would also make programming more difficult -- every time a new feature would be added, we would have to add it to the Checklist and add code to check if the user has it checked off before displaying it.

It could work though ... perhaps when we get more features. I'll talk it over with March -- he's working on the help system for the advanced editor.

Simple Game Layout

18 years ago
OK.  Put this in a bin for later than.  I didn't expect it right away.  Can you at least change the simple editor some what.  The layout stinks.  You can edit a page as you play it but, there is no real organization.  That is something that has to be done with a piece of paper.  Cahnge the layout of that when most is completed.

17 years ago

Hey, look at what feature has been revived from the Rejected Wateland! I'm starting to see a need for this and want to get your feedback on this. Here are my initial thoughts.

This would ONLY apply to the ADVANCED EDITOR and would allow the user to restrict what he can see. This would not apply to the CLASSIC editor at all (see my comments below).

On the NEW GAME WIZARD and OPTIONS PAGE, there'd be some options:

• Variables - None, Basic, Advanced
  • Items - Basic, Advanced
  • ???

Variables - None would remove all traces of variables from the editor. Basic would show kinda what we have now, minus events, Or/Not, and give option of only between.

Items - Basic is what we have now minus dropping, advanced is all the stuff we want to add

Let's here some more feedback on this, Especially from those who can remember the difficulties they had with the adv editor.

17 years ago
Cool.

Anyways, for the ??? have it for the new type of restrictions and make it so that if it's on Old, it'll just show the old way.  I don't know if that'll work though.  You could have thrown out the code.

Anyways, I think Classic should have one.  Score or no Score.

17 years ago
Still like the checkbox I suggested (and which was suggested somewhere else long ago but I can't find where that was moved to when rejected) which allows an item, once dropped, to be left in room, respawn, or be gone forever.