Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fined

10 years ago

I did not know a person could get fined a thousand points on this site. O.O

Fined

10 years ago

Did this happen to you or something?

Fined

10 years ago

Nope. I just noticed it after I saw this guy named aaaaaaaa or whatever his name is profile page. He has negative points and was fined 1000 points for a racist game.

Fined

10 years ago

And another 64 for getting his account suspended. lol

Fined

10 years ago

So does that mean he can't log on/make any more stories? Seriously, that stuff isn't even worth a point.

Fined

10 years ago

The suspension was apparently only temporary. He was banned for another racist story and has since posted another.

Fined

10 years ago

Well, he's asking for what happens next. I know it's just points and all, but if I got fined a thousand of them I think I would be in shock. I spent a good year earning those.

Fined

10 years ago

Oh, I assure you he doesn't care.

Fined

10 years ago

It appears he is also preparing to republish his previous racist story, Black Man Cuckold. He will get bored and leave in due time, until then we just get a steady stream of points from giving his stories ones. 

Fined

10 years ago

My plan exactly.

Fined

10 years ago

Ya, I just saw that a couple minutes ago! haha.

Fined

10 years ago

"Homosexual muslim atheist professor teaches a class on Karl Marx"

Lol.

I'd actually appreciate it if he put a lot more thought into his offensive stuff. So far his best attempt was that 2035 story. His other two stories aren't even trying.

I mean I understand the idea of going for total offensiveness/dead baby/racist/sexist humor, but he's doing it wrong. You have to at least have some story there. Not just a couple sentences about black cocks ejaculating on a tranny feminist. (Or whatever it is he's writing at the moment).

EDIT: Just made the story better in comments section...erm probably not, but I couldn't have made it any worse.

Fined

10 years ago

Man i really hate him. Why can't his account get banned. It's people like him that makes good sites go bad.

Fined

10 years ago

If his account is banned, He'll just make more accounts...

Fined

10 years ago

Classic immaturity troll. How irritating.

Fined

10 years ago

Nah, he has no real power here.

Fined

10 years ago

Well, the game has been removed, but I feel that Madglee had a little fun with deleting it.

4/6/2013 10

Publish Game [DELETED x2] Moron writes racist idiocy

Fined

10 years ago

Bwahahaha!

Fined

10 years ago

Though I did think the apocalyptically politically correct game he had (2035?) was rather creative...

Fined

10 years ago

I understood what he was getting at (I think), and he seemed to have made an effort for the game, but considering his other two games, I think it was a puff of mediocre in the land of idiocy.

Fined

10 years ago

Aaaaaaa... now has -11,000 points. I wouldn't be surprised though if he just publishes another story or republishes an old one again.

[ADMIN NOTE:] He won't be, at least under that name.

Fined

10 years ago

Maybe he's going for the lowest amount of points ever seen on this site?

Fined

10 years ago

(Obviously one of Aman's Minions hehehe....)

Fined

10 years ago

Hey, we don't support racism in our cult.

Fined

10 years ago

Nope, just war and hate against those poor defenseless penguins...

That's fine with me as long as you still use fire. :D

Fined

10 years ago

Or he doesn't care about points at all...

Fined

10 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm as close to an anarchist as is possible. Anarchy is one of those indefensible ideologies, much like nihilism and many other philosophical perspectives I could espouse, so let's just leave it at the fact that as a teacher, or forum moderator, or doctor, or anything, I think people should be able to say whatever the fuck they want, at any point, regardless of the audience or repercussions. I don't get offended. That being said, this isn't my private home, this is a public website, and a public writing website at that, so I don't tolerate absolutely terrible writing submitted only to inflame certain demographics, ethnicities, etc.

If I was going to write a racist story, it would be more like Ellison's "Invisible Man" than the nonsense I was bound to delete. Yes, yes, Invisible Man is terribly boring and I can think of all sorts of things to criticize. Most people probably would deny any racism in it. Ha. Irrelevant.

While I have full admin powers, they are somewhat limited. For instance, Alex allows me to track IPs and actually figure out who is making which account, which I could extrapolate into a house address. I could, theoretically, track down the account makers and exact all sorts of horrible punishment for less than 5K. For free, I could do it myself, but that would be unwise. I wouldn't do this because 1) it's illegal and these pimple-kids aren't worth prison and 2) Alex would probably be unhappy and 3) I'm in my 30s and self-actualized. Obviously, the fact that I am considering 1 and 2 demonstrate that 3 is untrue.

I unpublished the story and he re-published it. I banned his account. I deleted every page of his story. I docked him 10,000 points for being an idiot. I had all sorts of fun. I'm currently working on a FAQ that lays out the guidelines of the site, because even adults act like 10 year olds on the Internet. Plenty of anecdotal research to support that.

Main idea is that I don't moderate these forums with a heavy hand because I'm a firm believer in free speech. My perspective would be to allow users to ignore trolls. That obviously doesn't work, and sometimes, people need me to bitch slap them rather than allow them to carry on, which is what happened in this case.

I think I'll be a bit more autocratic than I have in the past from here on out. If people make new accounts and continue posting things that show a lack of effort, combined with overt racism, I'll be slapping down the law. This does not mean that an extremely intelligently written story about how the Nazis deserved to kill Jews, or how the white race needs to remain pure, will be allowed to exist.

Regardless of my personal belief that any intelligently written material should be allowed to exist, and the reader allowed to draw his own conclusions and shape his actions accordingly, on THIS site, racist or bigoted work is unacceptable.

Thanks.

Fined

10 years ago

Well said!

Fined

10 years ago

Fuck Mods!

cool

Fined

10 years ago

Language kills their are kids not yet scarred from t.v. And school.

Fined

10 years ago

TV allows zombies to get decapitated, people to get shot in the head, women to get raped, but cannot show penises or vaginas or breasts, or even use the word "shit." I don't think TV's moralism has any bearing on what should be considered appropriate.

And school? They teach that the Native Americans had a fun party with the Pilgrims.

Fined

10 years ago

Down with the man!

Fined

10 years ago

True dat homes 

to true right