The Last Chieftain

A fantasy storygame by corgi213

Commended by TharaApples on 4/19/2021 5:47:37 PM

Player Rating6.23/8

"#144 overall, #13 for 2018"
Based on 82 ratings since 09/22/2018
Played 2,004 times (finished 90)

Story Difficulty4/8

"March in the swamp"

Play Length6/8

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

Maturity Level7/8

"Anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

The land of Orcin, a place where all are free to live as they wish as long as they follow the laws of the council.  Years of relative peace had ensued, making sure the orcs would live as strong and as free as they had always been.

The Mannate Empire, destined to consume everything on the horizon, sets its sights on the homeland of the orcs.  Annexing one kingdom, one empire after the next, finally looks to orcin for resources, troops, and land to settle, as they prepare their dreaded march.

Nolazir, a simple orc, who lives off the land as he works his farm, unknowingly would be drawn into events to come.  He would come to shape the world around him, and the future of Orcin.  

Fight for honor, love, peace, and prosperity.  Lead with a cruel fist, or a warm heart.  Challenges and tribulations lay ahead for all. 

Will you save your homeland and return it from the brink?  Will you let the darkness within and without consume you?  What becomes of you and the world, is up to you.

The next edition will come out in a few months, filled with more varied events between time jumps including, politics, monsters, and more!  Also will be adding the rest of the real story and the side branches in as well.

Special Thanks

Where to begin exactly?  I'll start off with thanking Mizal, who helped me with some proof reading and structure at the start, and helping me figure out how to use variables.  Also for always being willing to help with my writing, grammar, and developing characters all these years, and generally being a wonderful presence on this site :)

I would like to thank MoreCowbell for consistently proofreading and giving me feedback on my story throughout this long process.  I appreciate all of your spell checking, helping keep the flow and pace, and general positivity and motivation during this whole project. 

I would like to thank 3iguy for taking an interest in my story and beta reading it for me.  As well as Ebon for his detailed and insightful responses to some of my threads early on.

I'd also like to thank Ogre, IAP for encouraging me and keeping me motivated during the hardest parts of the process (mostly the end point).

Also would like to thank EndMaster for letting me rip off his organization scheme for storygames.

I really couldn't have done this without you guys, and I owe a great part of finally finishing this to all of you and to CYS as a general whole.

I hope you all enjoy!

Player Comments

view more...
ninjapitka on 4/1/2019 12:39:19 PM with a score of 0
view more...
simplesabley on 9/23/2018 9:39:49 AM with a score of 0
view more...
— Cooler than Garrosh on 7/11/2023 5:53:20 AM with a score of 0
view more...
choicemaker500 on 11/13/2022 4:19:09 PM with a score of 0
view more...
poison_mara on 11/4/2019 5:37:54 AM with a score of 0
view more...
DerPrussen on 2/5/2019 1:35:20 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Yandeleon on 1/15/2019 2:39:07 PM with a score of 0
view more...
WritingStories on 10/18/2018 7:43:58 AM with a score of 0
view more...
hugo23 on 9/26/2018 4:14:27 AM with a score of 0
Show All Comments