Player Comments on Evolve (1.2)

You can clearly see the enthusiasm the author had for this project in their details. They try to create logical reasons and semi-plausible explanations from what you see (even if they wouldn't pass rigorous questioning based on science we know). The author's love for sci-fi and a basic appreciation for biology are definitely good things for this story.

The game however suffers from a crippling excess of ambition / shortfall of will to finish it. While the idea of going from a creature stage into a tribal stage (and I'm assuming from the background page also later a inter-planetary stage) has a lot of merit, it just wasn't realized. If the author had removed the entirely incomplete on-land phase, the creature generator part of this game (while lacking for a few senses) would be a worthy game in its own right if polished.

Another significant problem is the large number of grammatical and spelling errors, in the realm of the uncomfortable. If it weren't for the respect for sci-fi in those words, this would not be enjoyable reading.

This game is a fun addition to the genre, but had far more potential if the scope would have been narrowed and the content polished
-- StrykerL on 1/31/2017 2:08:25 AM with a score of 0
You should have put alot more work into this story before you published it. I liked the concept of being an alien, but I wanted something exciting to happen after I hatched. I didnt won't to wander around, find one object, lay eggs and win the game. There was also several sentence problems and It was pretty linear. I also see that you are working on a sequel to this. I wouldn't recommend that. This was way to short. I would take this down and work on it some more. Make it longer and make each page at least a good paragraph or more. All in all, it was a good idea. Put a little more time and effort into your next story and you could have something good.
-- spartan008 on 2/22/2011 4:53:10 PM with a score of 0
couldnt get passed gen 6
-- ThatSkyKitty on 10/18/2019 8:16:35 PM with a score of 0
I absolutely loved it.
Its really long, full of action and adventure.
I sugest you create more advansements and create
a new adventure
-- WillyWinky on 10/1/2019 3:31:48 AM with a score of 0
I was good but there were a few spelling mistakes. Can't wait for more.
-- etrow5 on 8/11/2019 10:38:14 PM with a score of 0
dumb
-- Willy on 6/6/2019 4:06:46 AM with a score of 0
cool game cant wait till its finished
-- chapman1234 on 3/21/2019 3:54:24 PM with a score of 0
I think it needs to be longer, but it's really detailed, keep it up!
-- Mori on 10/19/2018 5:06:20 AM with a score of 0
I would suggest more technology, like the wheel or other simple machines.
Also, make it so you can encounter other creatures after you get up on land. Maybe add something that’s a predator to The Blind Ones.
-- Hi on 6/25/2018 10:09:13 PM with a score of 0
oo nice. might've been latefor it, but still, great
-- gaddstruck on 4/4/2018 7:58:21 AM with a score of 0
This is really fun and interesting actually
-- judethedude on 2/23/2018 12:32:52 PM with a score of 0
Interesting.
-- ChaosBearer on 12/26/2017 8:28:58 PM with a score of 0
if you keep working on it i fell it could be even better than ends stories and that is no small feet. But so far it is excellent keep working.
-- Decker on 6/10/2017 12:33:11 AM with a score of 0
add creatures like Grasshopper/jackrabbit/elephant (all of them combined) too the West(Well the grassland/desert thing) also don't be afraid to use a generator for inspiration! I do it all the time, and too the south have a big and small woodland creature, such as a modified chipmunk or a bear also there needs to be bugs like a wasp and I want more things to do with Burs, such as they can sniff out treasure on explorations, or allow further exploration in the west and north(they will offer some protection)and also can you make like a manual like thingy (not in this though) on all the creatures like burs and mites
-- SkyeShadow on 5/25/2017 6:27:00 PM with a score of 0
Religion and superstition is destined to arrived at any curious civilization
-- History on 1/21/2017 1:00:40 PM with a score of 0
not bad. But instead of the favourite food choice, could you think of an open-ended challenge that shapes the evolution? And add electricity and poison to the mix?
-- Nidsalim on 9/4/2016 3:46:25 PM with a score of 0
It's a good start. It will be nice to see the other ages in this game. Smiley.
-- Walker. on 4/30/2016 9:31:10 PM with a score of 0
Nice game. Do you have ay other slots for creures?
-- Walker. on 4/30/2016 9:09:28 PM with a score of 0
I'm glad you took the time to make an evolve game. I love the series and good job bro :D
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 3/6/2016 10:48:02 PM with a score of 0
I've played it through to the current end several times, can't wait for it to be complete
-- Black Hawk on 3/2/2016 3:44:32 PM with a score of 0
a very very good start. could become a commercial hit when fulfilled. keep up this high standard. 6 of 8 because not done yet. if it would have been complete it may have become a straight 10! :)
-- reader73 on 3/1/2016 10:53:30 AM with a score of 0
awesome! so detailed! after MANY attempts, I was finally able to finish the last stage that currently exists. I cant wait for 1.3!!!!!!!!!!
-- crispykitty on 2/21/2016 9:19:35 PM with a score of 0
I liked it, but it was much harder than I expected.
-- crispykitty on 2/21/2016 4:18:27 PM with a score of 0
The Goa'uld are the dominant race in the Milky Way. They are a parasitic species that resemble finned snakes, which can burrow themselves into a humanoid's neck and wrap around the spinal column. The Goa'uld symbiote then takes control of its host's body and mind, while providing longevity and perfect health. Thousands of years ago, the Goa'uld ruled over Earth, masquerading as gods from ancient mythologies. They transplanted humans throughout the galaxy to serve as slaves and hosts, and they created the Jaffa to serve as incubators for their larvae. The most powerful Goa'uld in the galaxy are collectively known as the System Lords. You asked for suggestions there's mine and the game so interesting like to see it go further
-- The_Dungeon_Master on 1/28/2016 12:23:35 AM with a score of 0
I love the concept of this game. It's really easy to get invested in the race you create; I myself got a race that sees all, refracts light, and is super intelligent. I suggest giving this a go, and if you're patient enough, wait til the next update. Compliments to the chef, we, author!
-- SubparTactician on 12/29/2015 12:55:59 PM with a score of 0
I liked it. There are several different 'beings' you can evolve into, and I like the descriptions in each event.
-- rosystar on 12/12/2015 10:07:17 AM with a score of 0
This is similar to a game I wanted to do, only better.
-- Isshyyyji on 10/27/2015 9:08:06 AM with a score of 0
This is the best ever keep it up!!
-- SlenderSlayer24 on 9/1/2015 2:46:07 AM with a score of 0
I was really getting into that, and I thought it would be much longer, but it's not finished. There's SOOOO MUCH POTENTIAL!!
-- corgi213 on 8/25/2015 9:16:32 PM with a score of 0
Wtf? You can only win one way practically
-- Nor on 7/30/2015 11:19:12 AM with a score of 0
Please put 1.3 out I want to play it! It is taking you a long time!
-- Unfathomable on 6/20/2015 9:26:45 AM with a score of 0
You could have a tech tree and you could have different sections in the tech tree like attack, you could level up these techs(from slingshots to bows etc.) And when a certain tech is developed, you could have a revolution. Please hurry up and make 1.3 I've been waiting for months!
-- Unfathomable on 6/13/2015 6:32:56 AM with a score of 0
Hope you do more and add to this story.
-- Fableheath on 2/18/2015 12:43:24 PM with a score of 0
it was awesome
-- bloco100 on 1/10/2015 7:18:01 PM with a score of 0
Lounger please way to shourt 5 out 0 8 has potential
-- Strider on 12/26/2014 9:24:31 PM with a score of 0
I found this rather enjoyable, can't wait for the next part. Please hurry :p
-- Emil on 12/18/2014 1:58:24 PM with a score of 0
Amazing I can't wait for 1.3
-- mysteriousboss on 11/9/2014 7:07:12 PM with a score of 0
I loved this story game can't wait until the city stage. (:
-- Sirwise on 10/23/2014 4:43:49 PM with a score of 0
I rated this game as a six only for its unfinished status. It is shaping up to be a great game though, and I'll certainly keep an eye on it. One thing I did find mildly off putting was the lack of any restrictions or requirements for researching tech and growing the population, the ability to do either as often as you want with complete ease took away from the decision making process in the game. Otherwise, it was awesome.
-- npresston on 9/23/2014 4:37:34 PM with a score of 0
It was alright but i found myself becoming bored with it, i hope the next age will be better.
-- reaper94 on 8/28/2014 10:32:13 AM with a score of 0
Whooo great game cant wait for next part
-- Blamblegam on 8/23/2014 1:50:23 PM with a score of 0
BEST.....GAME....EVAR!!!
-- Blamblegam on 8/23/2014 1:40:56 PM with a score of 0
Truly a story of inspired design. This can really become something wonderful.
-- Almaz on 8/4/2014 4:52:50 PM with a score of 0
Truly a story of inspired design. This can really become something wonderful.
-- Almaz on 8/4/2014 4:52:46 PM with a score of 0
Truly a story of inspired design. This can really become something wonderful.
-- Almaz on 8/4/2014 4:52:36 PM with a score of 0
It was a very thought out story and i enjoyed it.
-- Decklo on 7/24/2014 11:02:41 PM with a score of 0
Looking forward to see the next part, had som troubles with getting stuck in basic research after researching commerce, clothes and stone tools.

Could be cool to have some options in the ver start, otherwise keep up the good work!
-- Klumedpumbe on 7/22/2014 5:24:30 PM with a score of 0
Love the idea! If this story is even half as good as it i think it will be, i'll replay it over and over again.
-- Warhammerfan on 7/19/2014 2:52:30 AM with a score of 0
This is really cool and I can't wait for the next one. Did you get the idea of this game from 'spore'? It's a rather similar game that you can download. Anyway, I still think it deserves a 8/8. :)
-- TacocaT on 6/23/2014 4:39:23 PM with a score of 0
Brilliant concept and game only hindered by it's poor grammar. 5-6/8
-- Tanstaafl on 6/3/2014 2:14:13 AM with a score of 0
Wow. This game is fantastic. The concept is unique and well done. I can't wait for fthe update.
-- anonymous on 5/26/2014 12:16:36 AM with a score of 0
Release date info anyone?
-- zeons3 on 5/19/2014 6:03:34 PM with a score of 0
Brilliant concept
Keep up the good work!
-- Mystic on 5/14/2014 1:24:11 AM with a score of 0
This is a very odd game.
-- GentleWinterBreeze on 2/19/2014 4:49:10 AM with a score of 0
Very interesting, please do more.
-- REDHOLL on 11/3/2013 10:08:07 AM with a score of 0
Please finish it!
-- Anonymous on 10/24/2013 11:17:57 PM with a score of 0
Poor grammar and spelling.
-- Xealot on 9/28/2013 10:59:18 PM with a score of 0
You need to fix the fact that potatos were meat. Also each species should have pros. and cons. Another thing is you need to add and fix stuff and add more control, epicness, and a reason to upgrade tech and more options. It would be great for your species in the game to have certain techs and have the species eventually evolve further based on your actions.
-- Epic Reader on 9/23/2013 9:37:26 PM with a score of 0
nice
-- BlxckWidow on 9/22/2013 2:50:14 PM with a score of 0
I want to reade the rest of this book.
-- walker on 8/15/2013 3:44:20 PM with a score of 0
Interesting... but I wasn't very good at it. Prone to extinction I was.
-- JerryAvis on 7/10/2013 6:36:24 PM with a score of 0
Great game. I would like to see there be advantages and disadvantages between the type of creature you evolve, example the bottom dwellers and cultivators have different story lines
-- Wrestler001 on 5/31/2013 5:15:47 PM with a score of 0
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish it! also, what am I? in the game, what is the creature that the player is?
-- epiclab on 5/16/2013 10:46:25 PM with a score of 0
I like this story, mabie have se wolves, worm blooded creatures that hunt in packs?
-- walker on 5/4/2013 9:36:17 PM with a score of 0
um.... a potato isn't meat.
-- Newt820 on 5/4/2013 6:39:47 PM with a score of 0
Please finish it, it has a nice feel, and lots of good potential.
-- Psychotikitty on 4/23/2013 10:23:55 AM with a score of 0
finish it
-- BigL on 10/13/2012 12:13:02 PM with a score of 0
Not too much of gameplay. Try to add in some more stuff.
-- genesistroy on 10/11/2012 5:12:15 AM with a score of 0
Besides that, some choices do not affect how the village age progresses. Researching technology was merely a distraction, and it had no real impact on moving out of the ***** biome.
-- ldsbvcljsdcvb on 10/10/2012 11:22:04 PM with a score of 0
You did make great advancements to your game, although the very early stages of it are filled with grammatical errors. Therefore, you should stop bragging about your (albeit true) skill in English.
-- dsikvdbvlsdb cdjl on 10/10/2012 11:19:56 PM with a score of 0
love it love it now finish it plzplzpzlz
-- Netprobe on 9/15/2012 1:43:02 PM with a score of 0
I love the concept and everything I just wish it was longer! (oh and remember to tweak the spelling and stuff :D)
-- Netprobe on 9/13/2012 10:12:17 AM with a score of 0
Cool game! But I don't see why imaginig something tasetes like hotdogs effects the situation differently than imagining it tastes lihe potatoes.
-- Amy2 on 6/28/2012 2:14:10 AM with a score of 0
good. yay!
-- cysid2 on 5/4/2012 12:33:52 PM with a score of 0
ok
-- betaband on 2/25/2012 6:38:51 PM with a score of 0
I really liked it, I got all the endings, nice lil game you have^_^
-- ChaiHai on 9/29/2011 6:42:35 PM with a score of 0
Okay.
-- Killer999 on 6/6/2011 11:49:23 AM with a score of 0
It would take decades for me to write it the way you suggest, and i still wouldn't be finished. so i did the next best thing and made it to where the choices you make influence how you evolve.
-- alienalpha on 4/22/2011 10:33:18 AM with a score of 0
Wasn't really evolving . Just kinda eating stuff or being eaten . Simple and boring . Sorry if it seems kinda harsh but its what I thought. Needed more storyline . Maybe some more choices at what you can evolve into?
-- bradhal on 4/22/2011 8:57:52 AM with a score of 0
Cool Game!
Hope to see more.
-- xDante on 4/14/2011 3:38:22 AM with a score of 0
good potential, but could use some background info and some more description.
-- fergie14233 on 2/21/2011 10:42:52 PM with a score of 0