Raki, The Reader
My first game. You play as an pupil in Seaborne High School, with different characters and different scenarios. I haven't done the girls' section yet, because I don't know how a girl behaves (shoot me -.-) but I'll get it done. If you think my story game could be improved, please comment any spelling mistake, grammar mistakes etc. Criticisms are allowed.
You are the son of a German commander and live in Nazi Germany, a period of oppression, devastation and betrayal. Your Jewish best friend and his family is in danger, your country changed under the rule of a madman and most of all your future is in hands of heaven.
You can see and talk to the dead for as long as you can remember, and this ability has cost you a normal life.
People in school thinks you're weird, you have no family, you live in a cabin near the graveyard and your only "friend" is an elderly gravedigger who has a strange obsession with McDonald's food.
Aside from him, the only you regularly talk with is the spirits in the nearby graveyard. Although you genuinely enjoy their company, there's a persistent feeling of loneliness that was always stirring in your heart.
Life's looking grim for you, until one fateful day, you were ambushed by a group. But not just any group. You were cornered by a bunch of deadly Greek mythical creatures!
You were then rescued by a hooded figure, who turned out to be Hades, the Greek God of the Underworld.
And your father.
Suddenly being transported in Olympus, the home of the Gods, you found yourself surrounded by Demigods from all different kinds of backgrounds and origins. And for the first time in your life, you finally feel like you can quell the loneliness inside you.
Until disaster strikes, and Olympus seems to be in real danger. Before you know it, everyone's pointing fingers at you as the culprit.
Will you, the hated son of Hades, become Olympus' unlikely Saviour, prove to everyone who is against you, find friends (and maybe true love), make your father proud of you and most of all- find a place in Olympus where you can feel you belong? Find out in this long tale of a boy who may turn from a zero to a hero!
You're Skyden, a Celtic orphan boy in the 200 BC who was raised in an isolated orphanage somewhere in Caledonia with other handful of boys, and raised by a middle aged man called Baris.
You play as Nicholas "Nicky" Dolland, a young English man who finds himself fighting in the Front of the Great War.
Recent PostsKilla's Spring Thing Contest! on 5/15/2018 12:16:53 PM
No prob, Steve.
Killa's Spring Thing Contest! on 5/15/2018 12:16:23 PM
... I genuinely don't know if that's sarcasm or not. Plus we met before.
Killa's Spring Thing Contest! on 5/14/2018 5:43:45 PM
Guess I should stop lurking for now.
Tbh, I was able to say it depends on how much was copied, but then I read through the messages. I'm pretty sure that's cheating.
January New Frontier Contest on 1/19/2017 9:47:14 AM
70% chance I won't make it due to exams, but I'm pretty motivated.
January New Frontier Contest on 1/4/2017 2:27:56 PM
Put me down for 125, please.
Storygame Poll (Pick 1 out of 5 storygames) on 12/10/2016 8:02:04 AM
I know there wouldn't be a lot of posts in this thread, but it was still more than I expected. For those who took time to vote, thank you so much. You guys really did help me, and I feel like I can't thank you enough. So thank you, again.
Lol, why is everyone concerned whether the knew me or not? I was certain no one did, because I'm a lurker. The "Skyden" thread I made was around a year, and I made like five posts in two years. I may not post much, but I'm pretty much an active member.
Okay, the results are:
Manny and I: 4
Highschool... sucks: 0
An Unlikely Hero: 1
Prince of the Underworld: 3
Which means Manny and I, a WW2 storygame, will be prioritized, I've already made an overall map for Manny and I, making it significantly easier for me, and if I follow the plan, this storygame would be done by August 2017, or even earlier.
So, yeah. Thanks again, guys. The next time I'll post, it may be an announcement for the finished storygame next year, or beta testing, idk. Have a great Saturday.
Storygame Poll (Pick 1 out of 5 storygames) on 11/30/2016 2:47:42 PM
Hi, guys! You may not remember me, but you awesome people helped me on my one of my currently unfinished storygames "Skyden", and I really want to thank this community for helping me plan my game better.
But as the title say, I want to make a poll for which of my five storygames should I prioritize the most. And before some of you argue that I should make the decision myself and don't need anyone's opinion, I actually do. The thing, almost all my storygames are almost halfway through their stories, respectively, and I have enough motivation to complete all of them before the end of 2017. But I need your help, just like last time, and I know without a doubt you guys can definitely help me with this. These are the list of storygames I've created:
- Skyden - This is the first storygame I have ever made, and probably the one that is more story driven than usual. Bascially in this story you play as a Celtic meek boy named Skyden who, along with his fellow orphans, will be trained by the warrior king of your tribe. It's 200 AD, and it looks like the Romans had its eyes set on to conquer Caledonia (modern day Scotland), to add another trophy to the ever growing Roman Empire. The natives will defend your homeland and put the Romans back into their place, but if only they have a strong leader. Could it be Skyden, the scrawny 13 year old who prefer studying Latin than swordfighting? Will he be able to protect those he loves and find out about his mysterious background and his parents? Find out in this Celtic tale of a transformation of a feeble boy to one of the most renowned and courageous leaders in Scotland's history!
- Progress - 48%
- ROs - Two female ROs, one hidden male RO
- Do the choices matter? - Yes, especially in relationships.
- Manny and I (May change the title) - This is my favorite storygame to make, because it's set in WW2, which I have extensive historical knowledge in. You play as a boy named Archibald Hutzel, or Archie for short, the dreamy and creative son of a German general in Nazi Germany. You're best friends with Manfred Schmidt (Manny), the son of a Jewish doctor. Your close friendship has come under threat under Adolf Hitler's repressive regime, and Manny's family must fled for their lives when the persecution against non-Aryans, Soviets, Jews and other minorities the Nazis deemed subhumans, had worsened. Now a war broke out, and everything and everyone you love are in danger of being destroyed. Will Archie, the gentle budding painter, follow his father's footsteps and join the army to have a military career, like his forebears before him? Rebel against his father by fleeing to France in active search of his best friend, and becoming a member of the French resistance group against the Nazi rule in occupied France? Or follow his dreams to become a painter, and move to England to pursue art in one of the most prestigious art schools in the world? Find out in the tale of a sweet and tender boy into either one of Nazi Germany's most fearless soldiers, France's most legendary WW2 rebel in its history or one of the greatest artists that has ever been born!
- Progress - 40%
- ROs - 4 female ROs
- Do the choices matter? Kind of. (You can directly/indirectly your fate as well as others', but Nazi Germany's end in 1945 is inevitable, so no matter how well you fought in the soldier's route, you will still lose.)
- Highschool... sucks (Will definitively change the title, haha.) - This will the biggest project, around 600k or more in one play through, but it is also different from the other storygames I've created. This has a much lighthearted and comedic tone, set in Seaborne High School and you can play as either a male or a female (yes girls, I'm aware most of my storygames are genderlocked, and yes, I aware of your existence.) You can play a revenge-seeking nerd, a ditzy but popular athlete, a sarcastic but troubled rebel or even a your everyday average normal teen. Experience and live through drilling days of school, home problems, nasty puberty issues, lasting friendships and budding relationships!
- Progress: 43%
- ROs : Two ROs in each route, depending on gender or cliche, so 16 ROs in total.
- Do the choices matter? - Not as much as "Skyden" and "Manny and I", since the backgrounds, ethnicities and personalities of each characters are already set, but in terms of relationship and whether you graduate from high school, yes.
- An Unlikely Hero - Now this one is a fantasy storygame, which is quite popular in this writing site. You play Aricus "Ari" Hunter, a cowardly but kindhearted mage student in Arkdan Magical Academy, also known as the source of your misery. Not only you are not able to specialize in one element in Elemental magic, which is compulsory for all mages, you also specialize in the dying art of communicating and understanding animals. The fact that you can speak a goat's language, are an orphan (I know, I know, cliche as fuck) and have a mouse as a familiar and a best friend cause you to suffer daily bullying. But that's not the problem, or at least the main problem. The Kingdom of Adraelia, where you are from, was thrown in a disarray, as the entire royal family had been massacred and taken over by the Kingdom of Nordel, Adraelia's sworn enemy. Somehow in this political mess, you met and team up with the surviving headstrong princess of Adraelia, her stern bodyguard and childhood friend, a shy half human healer, a short tempered orc and a mischievous rogue to try to restore the monarchy. But as the same time, you try to discover where your foster parent, a rare dragon, went when he abandoned you, and the longer you fight against the Nordels, the more you realize that that they are not the only enemies you should watch at for... Find out whether the chickenhearted Ari can fight off his cowardice and become one of Adraelia's most bravest heroes in the tale of an unlikely hero!
- Progress - 49%
- ROs - 2 female ROs, 1 male RO
- Do the choices matter? - Relatively so, though more story driven than other storygames.
Prince of The Underworld - My latest project. Ever read the Percy Jackson series? I did and I love it, but then I ponder for a second. The womanizer Zeus has a lot of demigods children, Poseidon has a handful, and so do other Greek Gods and Goddesses, but what about Hades, the God of the Underworld as well as the most faithful God ever? (Apart from Nico and Bianca from the PJ series of course.) Thus the idea is born. So you play as Alastair Graves, the troubled but hard working teen with the ability to see and speak to the dead, and raised by a gravedigger with a strange obsession with McDonald's food. You live in a cabin near a graveyard in a dark and vine infested forest and your only friends are the ghosts that float near your home. You have to work hard, day and night, in two jobs to pay the bills, tolerate the daily hassling from your classmates, and tend to your ancient and rundown cabin. Yep, life's hard for just a 15 year old. One day, you discover that you are the mortal son of Hades, and before you know it, you are moved to Olympus, the home of the Gods, and start a new life there. But alas, trouble start to stir within Tartarus, and everyone point fingers at you as the culprit for the danger and suffering that had fallen on Olympus. Will Alastair, the hated son of one of the Big Three, sway the opinion of everyone, rise as a great Greek hero and become Olympus' savior? Found out in this tale of the wisecracking and sarcastic zero into a legendary Greek hero!
Thank you for reading those blurbs, and if you are confused of what I wrote or just interested in more details in the storygames don't hesitate to ask.
*****For those who are voting, please vote only once, and if you want you can include things I can improve on or even post new ideas, because I'm still in a stage where the criticisms and opinions improve the storygame, and it really helps me out. The voting will end next week Friday 7th December at 10:00pm GMT, and I would hopefully finish counting by Sunday afternoon at the most, and announce the results by Sunday or Monday next week. Just to note, the storygame with the most votes will be immediately worked on and published by August 2017 (I'm still a student but I'll devout most of my free time on the chosen storygame).
Again, thank you so much for reading this long-ass post, and I would really appreciate it if you take the time to write just a sentence or so to vote which storygame you want to see first, because that would be enough.
Music? on 9/21/2016 9:28:18 AM
YES! I've listened to their songs "Over and Under", "You Make Me Sick", "Taking You Down", "Let it Burn" and my favorite "Pieces" so regularly that they kept popping up in my recommended videos in YouTube .
Do you ever listen to "Monster" by Skillet? They're a pretty cool band.
Music? on 9/17/2016 6:10:06 PM
I think it's a good time to break my silence.
I'm a big fan of A Thousand Foot Krutch; my favorite songs by them are War of Change (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdnTSXUWd3E), Fly on the Wall (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5A_ywn__nE) and Be Somebody (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGSvITdmrX)
I also listen to Battle Scars by Paradise Fears (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFaBmcCz_HU), Suicide by Cathy Dennis( or Rihanna idk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTv8TojcgDE) and I Wouldn't Mind by He is We (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qea3lLr5qQ)
Got A Few Question About My Game on 11/6/2015 12:51:31 PM
Wow, 5-10 stories?! That's quite alot lol. But that actually make me feel a little better, since I suddenly have some great ideas that have potential to be stories but wasn't sure if it was a good idea.
Thanks for the emotional boost!