Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Changing the font of a page title

5 years ago

Hey, when i was creating my story game, I was trying to put a line through a page title only to find it didn't apply the font.

I tried to crt + c, crt + p ... Didn't work.

Anyone now how to do it?

5 years ago
What do you mean? That your strike through tags overturned your font? I don't know if fonts work in the forum, but I'll try something really quick to see:

Trial 1: Testes, 1,2,3

And now...

Trial 2: Testes, 1,2,3

It looks like fonts don't work at all here, nor sizes, but colors clearly do. I used this script in both storygames I've published, and in every one I've worked, on and it works. Furthermore, when I tested this exact script just now in my plot outline page, it kept the font, the color, AND the strikethrough.

So maybe try this. Unless you're using the Rich Text Editor. DO NOT, by the way. When I first got here and started researching through the advanced editor and beginner subforums, I saw that pretty early on, and I came to agree with what the long term vets were saying: DO NOT use the Rich Text Editor.

5 years ago

I believe I should clarify I was referring to text changes, not font.

I was unable to change the change the text at all when I was trying to alter the title page of a story game.

This meant I was unable to ?bold, ?underline? or strike through

All I want to know is:

1. Is it possible to change the text on a title page

2. If so... how?

5 years ago
Yes it is. Here is what I do in my games (except here I have replaced every greater than or less than symbol with a bracket so the script doesn't disappear). I put this directly in the title on the page:

[span style="color: #c57800;"][strong][font size="5" face="GARAMOND"]Insert Title here[/font][/strong][/span style]

I found this by scrolling through the Advanced Editor forum and hitting control F through about twenty pages, finding relevant threads, reading them and then asking questions in them. Sadly, the search function doesn't help much. But it was time well spent. Also, of course, by making threads asking. As you can see, I make a lot of them, and people are very willing to help. ;)

I do NOT know if this works for strike through. Haven't tested it.

EDIT- sorry, I forgot to turn off the bold tags in my previous post using < /strong > (minus spaces)

EDIT 2- I do NOT know if this can be done without having the font piece in the script. I more or less copied it from a thread, then added the < strong > tags and other things inside.

5 years ago
Also, NOW I remember where I first found out how to do this (or at least what got me on the path to learning). It's right here in the Help and Info section:

How to Create a Great Title Page