Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.

The OR button malfunctioning in advanced editor

10 months ago

Maybe it's me or perhaps no one is using it, but in the variable restrictions page (found in the link restrictions page), you have the option to tick off the OR or NOT button. In the description the OR button should do this: Or - the link will not be restricted if the condition is met or if all other conditions are met.

It didn't do that. It will be open even if none of the conditions are met. I tested it on multiple devices.

Here is an example I made. Even if you chose neither peanut butter nor jelly, you'll still get a peanut butter sandwich as an option.

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/viewer/default.aspx?StoryId=65949

It would be nice if this feature can be removed or if any other person new to the editor can be warned in some kind of way, if fixing it would be too troublesome.

9 months ago
Yup, can confirm. I never really played with that option, but I'm not seeing a way to make it work (I tried a number of combinations, variables, etc.)

9 months ago

I only discovered it recently while I was linking pages together and wanted to be more efficient when I was making the links. You know, I honestly think that no one would really mind if this button were to be removed, just to avoid confusion. 

I'll also be testing whether the "not" button still works or not. Edit: this one seems to work fine.