Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Magic The Gathering. (or other card games)

10 years ago

Are there any 'Planeswalkers' here? I've been playing Magic for maybe two months now, so I'm still pretty new to it myself. I got my brother into it as well, and he's able to buy a LOOOOOT of cards so he has these really cool decks and I ...don't. frown

Is anyone here familiar with MTG or other card games like Cardfight Vanguard or anything? (I've never played Vanguard, because I only have enough money to feed one card game addiction). 

10 years ago

MTG, Yugioh, Kaijudo, and Android: Netrunner are the card games I play. If you have google chrome, there's a site called Duelingnetwork.com where you can play yugioh online for free, and a website called tradecardsonline.com where you can play Magic for free.

10 years ago

Sweet. Yeah, I have chrome so I'm going to check those out. Never heard of Kaijudo and Anroid:Netrunner, though.

10 years ago

Kaijudo is meh, but Netrunner is an AMAZING game, once yo get the hang of it.

10 years ago

Can't believe they banned dragon's ravine. They simple ruined my deck

10 years ago

I was the same when i used to play E-Hero and they took away Stratos. Its a sad day when you basically have to scrap a deck due to one card.

10 years ago

Same thing happened when they banned future fusion and limited REDMD. Then again, I was waaaay too OP. But still, they just ruined an entire deck set (dragunity) by banning that card.

I used Dragon's Ravine as a search engine to get RE-Wyven and REDMD on grave, then summon him and then get powerful monsters out to. What did you use Stratos for?

10 years ago

Yer dragons were too OP, i used to hate REDMD. I mainly used stratos to clear Spell/Trap but because of its second ability to bring any "hero" to your hand he could help in your fusions. 

A lot of people were using ultimate offering though and bringing 3 stratos plus any other hero they choose to the field in one turn. As you probably know it pretty deadly to let them rule the field like that when a lot of there fusions don't say specific names.

10 years ago

Agreed.

10 years ago

Ah..black and blue decks man.

Black will do anything to not win.

Blue will do everything to counter.

10 years ago

I play Magic nowadays and used to be into the Pokemon card game, but not so much anymore. As for magic I like to run a Swamp Forest deck. Swamp for the kill cards and cool regeneration abilities of some cards and the resurrection cards as well. The forest deck I use for a few healing cards, and there are a lot of cool creature cards that go with forest like Behemoths, Hydras, and my favorite token card Fable of Wolf and Owl. One 1/1 wolf per forest land, and a 1/1 owl (with flying) for every island. You can buff your numbers real good with that one. 

10 years ago

I've got four decks, but the main one I tend to use is just a mono green. I don't think it's got any real theme to it, but it works the majority of the time. The other one I'm proud of is the elves and artifacts I've built.

10 years ago

I've played MTG for about five years now, but the last year I've barely played (if I even have at all) since I got to college.

10 years ago

I play solforge on steam, and hearthstone (blizzard game).

Both are free, and in open beta (they won't cost money).

I enjoy playing both of them, but solforge seems to have a higher skill cap, due to the differences of the games.

10 years ago

If they're PC games, I probably won't be able to play them. My netbook is a piece of smeg and I can only really get emulators of old gaming systems to work before it craps its pants on me.

10 years ago

It is a netbook, what did you expect. These things can't run Terraria (I'd mention Minecraft but Minecraft is poorly optimised due to glorious Java being a dick.)

I guess you mean GBA right? That's the only emulator I could get to work on my netbook. Had fun playing Pokemon Fire Red and Emerald.

10 years ago

I can't afford to upgrade it at all, or buy a new one either, so yeah.

Yeah, I have GBA emulators and also a SNES one for Earthbound. 

10 years ago

I'd buy something new if I were you.

10 years ago

They're both PC games, but solforge is available on the apple store as well (so on the iphone/ipad/etc).

10 years ago

Out of the window, then. I've never owned an Apple product, way too expensive for my pauper blood!