Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A New Type of Warriors Storygame...

9 years ago

I have read the Warriors series, and I liked it. Now, I've played the Warriors story games. A majority are poorly written and have the exact same plot. Here's a step by step guide to every 2-3/8 warrior cats storygame:

1. Apprenticeship

2. Becoming a warrior and falling in love

3. Fighting

4. Having kits

5. Dead mate

6. Kits grow up

7. You win by becoming leader for a strange reason

I'm not doing that. I'm writing a Warriors storygame, but it's different. The ranks of the Clans won't be so simple- there will be vice leaders, hosts, sentries, etc. Also, not just cats can join the Clans. Wolves, foxes, dogs, horses, even tigers and weasels make up Clans. And I'm actually gonna put EFFORT into the Warriors game. I have not seen a single Warriors game (except one or two) that was made with effort.

So, what do you think?

9 years ago

Lol, a tiger could literally kill an entire clan at a time.

9 years ago

This is actually based off of a roleplay forum that's based off of the books...

I don't know what they were even THINKING when they allowed the roleplayers to take the roles of tigers and wolves in a Warriors roleplay. But still, it's pretty interesting, so I'm using that.

9 years ago

I'm going to make a WC story - a dark one. I think I might include the PC raping an Apprentice at one point. 

9 years ago

I'd read that, Malkalack, just because I want to see you try to make something you've never even thought of making before.

9 years ago

Why not just incorporate something like that into your Farmer Joe story? You'd make more progress in that story and not be distracted with yet another story you probably won't finish.

You could have the furries raping a whole clan of stray cats in the nearby forest and their offspring would be their special elite attackers for the final assault on Farmer Joe's house or something.

9 years ago

Gay, atheist cat-futas with unrivaled libidos for all things men?

9 years ago
The Hell, Swift?

9 years ago

He's a stoner. Isn't it obvious? 

9 years ago
I assumed meth, but I'm not good at that sort of thing.

9 years ago

I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating on one story recently.  I'll probably work on this (It's going to be short) for a while, then get back to it. I feel the urge to give something for the furries to aspire to.

9 years ago
Nice summary of current WC fanfics on this site - as far as I can tell that's all they seem to be.

Your idea sounds interesting, but it doesn't sound to me like an accurate fanfic of the Warriors series. Be prepared for a lot of hate both from regular members of the site and WC fans.

9 years ago

Not to worry, the story goes to the original cat-only Clans and same dull ranks *sigh* just because I know the real WC fans want their same hierarchy and same-species groups.

At least some parts of it will appeal to non-WC fans.

9 years ago

Well the best fanfiction works are those that take the world created by another and add their own things to it that don't break the world, but still add interesting things to it that are your own creation.

You can take any world and create a story around it that doesn't completely copy the original. You need reasons for your additions and changes. Logic is something that needs to be nailed down heavily, so you can answer when someone asks about it.

For Warrior Cats, cats won't start randomly talking to humans. Cats won't be using calculators to do statistical equations. Fire burns flesh, and does not spread happiness. Ice is cold. Trees don't have legs. There are no Feline Space Pilots in the clans. (or at least none of these without a rational line of reasoning behind why this is so in your fanfiction work)

It is the same stuff you have to pay attention to when making your own world. If your world lacks any kind of flying life, then your reader is going to being confused and possibly pissed off when you mention a bird flying overhead with no mention of how the bird is flying overhead when this world lacks flying creatures. .

Of course, those rules really only help with readers with a decent sense of maturity.  Readers that refuse change or that aren't that well-versed in literature might end up calling foul for changes in the original author's world.

Some of my favorite fan fictions ever were one that altered major characters or took a group into an extreme situation that they weren't used to. Others were ones that created their own things, but still respected the laws of the world.

9 years ago

I never heard of Warrior books... I thought this warrior cat thing was made up by someone on this website

9 years ago

No, the Warriors series has been going on from 2002 or 2003. It started out as a fantasy series aimed for kids, but now a whole fandom ARMY formed.

9 years ago

I think it's a pretty cool idea, but you might want to make sure that one clan isn't entirely OP, or else any major battles would be over in 10 seconds flat. XD

9 years ago

I've seen other WC storygames, and usually, your Clan is the OP one. In my WC storygame, everyone will have advantages according to their Clan's personality. For example, ShadowClan will be better at nighttime hunting and fighting, WindClan will be better at hunting and fighting in the open, etc.

9 years ago

Uh huh, I'm working on a WC storygame as well, and I'm really surprised at the way that people keep repeating the same storyline over and over again, like really? There is more to life than that!

9 years ago

And this is why I made a list of events in WC storygames at this thread's first post.