Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Nooby here, what story game do you recommend?

8 years ago

i prefer something with a focus in the "game" part. story is obviouly important, but without the 'game' part, i'd rather just be reading a book.  what are some of the classics here? 

8 years ago

But without the "story" part, you'd rather just be playing a game!

Off the top of my head, I think of Dungeon Stompage. It's a fantasy dungeon crawler driven by character stats and items.

If you care for a calmer storygame, check out MyVacation. It's a vacation sim set on an island.

8 years ago
Dungeon Stompage by BerkaZerka
Sethaniel's latest love story, whose title I forget
The Other World and A Game of Life and Death both by Kiel_Farren
The Secret of Daphne by Simplesabley... Hope I spelled that correctly...

Those are a few that pop to mind quickly.

And hey! What's wrong with books!?

8 years ago

nothing wrong with books but if i'm here i'd rather be doing a bit of reading and gaming. if i just wanted to read i could do that elsewhere. I'll look into the suggestions here. and don't get me wrong, if it's both a fun game and a good story that's awesome.

8 years ago
That was a joke. But there are a lot of very good stories here that focus more heavily on the story aspect than the game too. Once you get your fill of the more game - story-games, don't be afraid to check the other end of the spectrum out. It has pretty colors too!

8 years ago

Mommy is a good one.

8 years ago

*insert blatant self-advertising*

Other than that, Ground MOTHERFUCKING Zero is pretty good if you can get past it primarily being a story.

8 years ago

The glorious September the 14th series.