Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ads?

8 years ago

I just noticed that there's no ads, whatsoever on this website. How do you guys stay afloat without them? Everyone uses ads on their sites nowadays, even Google!

I'm not saying that I like ads, or that I want you guys to put them in, all I'm saying is, how do you guys support yourselves without ads (or donations, for that matter)?

Ads?

8 years ago

Magic.

That being said, I too am curious to see how the site is completely ad-free.

Ads?

8 years ago
I think Alex actually owns the server, and domains are dirt cheap.

Ads?

8 years ago

Yeah, I've heard that Alexp uses the money he gets from maintaining other sites to support this one.

Ads?

8 years ago

Other sites? Such as?

Ads?

8 years ago

No one really knows, dude.

Ads?

8 years ago

Woah, that's pretty dank. Looks like he's running an undercover operation or some biz like that.

Ads?

8 years ago

We may never know.

Ads?

8 years ago

Ads?

8 years ago
It is seriously dirt cheap to get a domain and put up a web site. Most other sites just put ads up because they want to get money. Unfortunately for them, unless you have massive, massive, massive amounts of traffic, they're not actually getting any money from the ads (0.00001 cents at a time doesn't really add up too quickly).

Ads?

8 years ago

Indeed, but I'm curious... This site's been up for years now... And there's usually hundreds of people who come here everyday. And I've checked his other websites as well, and they don't have ads as well.

The man could at least put up a donation page, he's earned that much at least. Running all these sites and stuff.