Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

I try to put an image onto the page by using the Image button, but it fails.

Is there another way to add an image, such as using page code or something?

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Storygame or forum?

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

The best way is to upload your image to an image hosting site such as imgur. You can also use the following code for an image you have uploaded on this site. Just get the image url and put it where I have the blank line below.

[img src="________"]

I actually recommend using something like this:

[img src="______" height="____" width="____"][center/fixed]

just set it to what you want the width and height. I usually make mine between 200-600. Hope this helps. Oh and use < > instead of [ ]

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Inputting MasonJar.exe

MasonJar.exe inputting

Inputting MasonJar.exe

MasonJar.exe inputted

MasonJar.exe sent to drive

Transaction complete

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

This code does not work for me for some reason. When i try to play my game, it simply displays it as code instead of showing the image

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

You've uploaded images to the site already, I presume? Be aware that the rich text editor and images do not mix well. Any images (and some other html as well) are deleted when you reopen a page for editing. It's been this way for a while, and the only way around it is to add the image at the end and not reedit that page, or to disable the rich text editor altogether.

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

I'll just have to rely on that instead

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago
I just leave the rich text editor off on my account. I haven't had no problems except the one time I turned it back on. It totally reset my profile. :/

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

From what i read, turning off the rich text editor will disable me from features such as Bold, Italics and Color, but I am using them, and I need them

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago
You can use them with codes, too. It's just whichever you personally find easier. I have too many backgrounds and pics to turn it on. Or you can try what Brad suggested and add them last, just don't edit the page again. But that doesn't work for the description page. You would need to leave it for last if you have a pic on it, after all the other pages.

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Simply adding the picture last works well enought, so I'll go with that

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Yeah, you can still use those, just with a little more effort. Personally, I think it's worth it.

<strong>Bold</strong> → Bold

<em>Italics</em> → Italics

<span style="color:red;">Color</span> → Color

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago
You learn something everyday, lol. I've been using i for italics and b for bold. Heh.

P.S. Brad how you keep it from deleting the arrow things when you show someone the code?

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Those are fine too. Honestly, I'm probably just being hypercorrect since I read somewhere that <i> and <b> should only be used as last resorts.

Use &lt; and &gt; and they'll show up as < and >.

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago
Oh, okay. And guess I need to start using em and strong, then. Oops. Still learning... lol

Pictures on pages?

8 years ago

Or not! I doubt most browsers are that pedantic. :p