Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Lupa's Progress Thread: "The Forgotten World"

8 years ago

Oh no. An animal story.

May Cthulhu have mercy on our souls.

Right...The Forgotten World is basically...a dog simulator. Yes, a dog simulator. Shame on me. You play as the son/daughter of a "widow" in a large pack known as the Organization, based in a city with virtually no humans (hence the name "The Forgotten World"). As you grow, you'll discover more about the city and its residents: young and old, large and small, friend and foe. As an adult, you will face a rebellion against the Organization and its Top Dog (leader), Alignak. It's up to you from then on: defend the Organization, rise with the rebels, or just leave and search for other factions.

Unfortunately, I've been lagging with my progress. A lot. Hopefully my procrastination habits will change.

If you have any suggestions for paths or just advice and comments in general, leave your thoughts here. I appreciate it!

I'll also do member cameos: if you want an appearance in the story, post here as well.

DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST, PLEASE

8 years ago

Progress

What I have done:

-character creation

-introduction of your mother and your siblings, plus one other character

What I am working on:

-a name creation system

-transitioning pages from puphood to adolescence

So...practically nothing. By far I have a lot of work to do, but...I'll manage.

8 years ago

^^^ ....you are just begging for someone to reply to that post.

Are these going to be furries, or actual dogs?

The setting is different than the usual, at least, and it does sound like you have some kind of actual plot planned, so...good luck?

8 years ago

No, no anthropomorphs. Actual dogs. It's not "Survivors" or whatever those Erin Hunters called their dog series, either.

And thank you.

8 years ago

So you're the leader of you're pack or gang I'm not mistaken.

8 years ago

If you decide to form a pack, yes.