Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

The official thread for recommending changes to the Featured Games lineup.

You know the rules: hyperlink it, tell us why this game deserves to be featured, and which game you think it should replace.

Why is this in a separate thread from the rest of Draw My Attention?  Because we want to encourage discussion. 
If someone recommends a new Featured Game, please give us your opinion: vote yes or no, suggest a different replacement game, any commentary you have is appreciated.

Note:

Tower of Riddles has already been suggested & rejected for Mystery/Puzzle-- the official decision was that it didn't have enough of a storyline.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

I'm still curious if there's an official explanation as to why an old game has to be booted to put up a new one. Is there a technical reason it's not possible to have rotating stories like there is on the front page, or is this a deliberate decision? I know it's been brought up as a suggestion as a few times before, and in the more popular categories we easily have a lot of high quality works that deserve an equal place in the spotlight. 

Oh, and as for recommendations, I know it's just been released but the quality of Will11's American Outlaws story is obvious, so I vote we kill Julius Caesar, kill it dead forever and replace it.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago
Is their a category you think should have more featured stories?

So far as I'm aware it's a mix of the technical side of it (it works differently than the front page) and it goes against the theme of featuring the stories. The featured ones are supposed to be the best representing the category, not just all the good ones.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Yeah, Featured Games are always listed in alphabetic order, it doesn't randomly rotate them like Front Page or Top Rated.
Also, the story names end up overlapping the text showing how many total storygames are in the category.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago
Well, guess I'll do it.

Remove:
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Fairview_HighSchool_Game_2.aspx

Because another part of its series is already featured. Replace with:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Inepta_Academy.aspx

Because it got 2nd in the school game contest (totally no ulterior motives here).

Remove:
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/Schooled_For_Life.aspx

For underwhelming quality. Replace with:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/The_Multiverse_Chalkboard.aspx

For getting 3rd in the contest/being better than Schooled For Life.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago
Absolutey correct. *Hitler style*

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Haven't read either story but Inepta seems like a good bet over FHS2. Not sure about Multiverse, I'm hesitant to feature a 5-rating game 

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Awesome to see you back 3J. Just dropping by or planning to stay awhile?

As for Multiverse Chalkboard, it's pretty solid. We're talking about the School- based after all, and uh, have you seen that section? Almost everything entered in the contest was objectively much, much better than what was already featured.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Cool. I'll take your words for it.

We'll see. I'm trying not to make internet commitments. I do have my eye on a certain forum game reboot. . .

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

:))))))))

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago
@donteatpoop

Not sure if you saw, but both our storygames were featured, so congrats!

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago
I did see that. Very awesome. Congrats to you as well.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Are people allowed to recommend their own games for featuring?

... not that I have any games good enough for featuring. I'm just asking in case I ever make one that is.

Featured Games DMA

7 years ago

Considering Killa_Robot recommended his own game and it got featured, I'd say it is.