Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey there! A few dumb questions—

7 years ago

Hello, everyone. I've messed around on this site before, but decided to make an account and try my hand at writing. I also have a few questions, if that's okay with you- 

1) Is it possible to search by tag?

2) Is it okay to advertise somewhere, or not at all?

3) what's the average length of a story? 

4) any recommended stories? 

Thanks!

heartViktorontoheart

7 years ago

0) Hi, welcome to CYStia!

1)No, but you can click in a game category and then set the filter options, pretty much the same.

2)You can advertise personal projects (books you're writing, games you're making). Anything else (try this ###, I need writers for my ###) will be totally ignored.

3) Depends. Some games are 1000+ pages, some are barely 12.

4) The Multiverse Chalkboard, Finals Week, Ground Zero, Vengeance, anything 5 or over in rating.

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, good luck with the writing. Do be sure to read the various writing tips in the Help & Info section.

7 years ago

Since Lance gave a very helpful answer to most of your questions, I'll just give you my Newbie 3. The Newbie 3 are the 3 games I recommend to every Newbie, which are:

This Fate, a beautiful allegory on fate and by far the most spectacular Love & Dating game I've ever played.

Prometheus Academy, a badass story of revenge focusing on a school for supervillains.

And Necromancer, a downright classic about a completely talentless hack who finds out he's good at one thing; necromancy.

7 years ago

I recommend any of miccy200 books