Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Are there any Fallout or nuclear apocalypse themed games? This is a popular genre yet I have not found any worthwhile games in the nuclear apocalypse genre, besides Ground Zero.

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago
There's this game, but it's essentially the introduction to Fallout 3 in text form. Otherwise there aren't too many good Fallout-based storygames.

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Thanks, but I'm looking for an enjoyable game not a copy and pasted Fallout 3 plot with a fan fiction twist ending. 

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Maybe this one. Though it's more like Omega Man than Fallout (Even says as much)

It's also short and not finished, but maybe some entertainment value can be found.

http://infinite-story.com/story/info.php?id=1595

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Not what I was looking for but thanks anyway. I have actually been hoping that you would dabble in the nuclear apocalypse genre again. Is there any chance of you creating a Fallout-esque storygame? O wise and powerful EndMaster smiley

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

The most similar story I've written to Ground Zero as far as setting goes is Suzy's Strange Saga, but that's more of a prequel.

I have had other GZ related ideas in the past, but nothing seemed like it would really be good enough. The only one that stuck out was a completely separate story involving trying to get to Becky's shelter. Who knows maybe one day.

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

I think an independent piece would be the most  interesting. 

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Forget Becky, Team Eliza is where its at.

Fallout Themed Games?

7 years ago

Well yeah, but I've gotten more than a few people believing you were supposed to wind up with Becky and wondered why there wasn't any path that lead to her directly.

I'd probably do a "Tales From Ground Zero" type thing and have that as one of 3 shorter stories like I did with Tales from the Basement.