Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Ratings

6 years ago

If this is in the wrong section, then sorry; however, I believe that this's the right spot since I'm talking about ratings (and comments' threads are here as well).

How do these ratings work for calculations exactly? Higher point values are more influential and having account is more influential than a guest. What the numbers for that? A guest commenting on a storygame with ~20 ratings causes a ~.01 the rating is 1 rating off the average; however, I had a ~.3 shift from (I think) an infinite point member rate the storygame 2 off of the average. (I watch my newly posted storygames closely enough to know who rated my storygames as what most of the time which's why I' can throw out these numbers.) Is infinite its own category, or does the rating still use the user's original point value?

Also, how much weight exactly does a 5,000 point user have over a 100 point user (5 times, 2 times, et cetera)? Lastly, is this effect inelastic? For example, if a user had 5,000 points for a little while, rated one storygame, and then had the points taken down to realistic levels... would the storygame have the 5,000 points weighted into the score or the second level?

Lastly, why are some storygames so inelastic in their ratings? Specifically, this has been on a 5.98 for weeks despite the relatively low amount of ratings while mine tend to fluctuate more despite two having more ratings?

I feel as though only currently non-active members can answer this, but these questions have been bothering me for too long. I apologize for this odd, number-filled question conglomerate.

Ratings

6 years ago
Pretty sure only alexp and JJJ know the exact answer.

Ratings

6 years ago

That's what I was afraid of... Dang.

Ratings

6 years ago

The questions in the third paragraph, I've wondered a lot about. ;-;

Ratings

6 years ago
Wouldn't be hard to figure out. just would take a few tests.

Ratings

6 years ago

This barrage of questions made me dizzy 

Ratings

6 years ago

Nobody cares. 

Ratings

6 years ago

Just.......saying....

And yeah, I know that already just don't rub salt unto my wounds.

Ratings

6 years ago

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein
“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Ratings

6 years ago

Fuck off you noncontributing wanker