Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

December Contest - Prompt 7

6 years ago

I'm almost finished the first few pages. I've got a bit over 1000 words written so far. I pretty much know where I want to go from here too, so I'm thinking I can pump out 1000 more tomorrow.

So basically, you play as the currently unnamed protagonist, who finds himself in Hell. He's told by one of Satan's messenger boys that he's kind of a dick and therefore has been sentenced to eternity in the underworld. In a surprise twist, however, he's told that Satan issues an open challenge to every new resident of Hell. All our protagonist has to do is traverse the depths of Hell, reach Satan's castle, and defeat the Demon King in a duel. If he is successful, he is granted entry into the Heavens.

I'm planning a few bad endings, one good ending, and one "true" ending,so it should be fun. Hopefully.

Also, any name suggestions for our protagonist? Can't guarantee I'll use it, but your ideas can't be any worse than mine (I was going to call him James).

6 years ago
Wait, so if you're a dick in Hell you get punished? I thought if you were in Hell it was kind of given that you were a dick.

6 years ago

No, Protag is confused as to why he is in Hell. He is informed that he is a dick. As a dick, he was unaware that he was a dick.

6 years ago
Of course, I think one of the primary identifiers of a dick is to not know that you are a dick.

6 years ago
DIRK HARDCASTLE
JIMMY STEELE
BROCK DARING
SAM TAGGART
RICK WALL

6 years ago

10/10 will ask for names again

6 years ago

I actually had a friend in high school named James Steele and we called him Jimmy.  It never occured to me his name was odd.  Though it did make me think of a James Bond type.  Steele; James Steele!

6 years ago

Max Dempsey

Victor DeValera

Frank Collins.

Bam, three names there. I did my part helping the site today.

6 years ago
Oi, you can't just leave the thread for 10 days, there are only 9 circles of hell! Do you know who else goes to hell? Procrastinators. Do you really wantt to spend an eternity in the same cell as me?