Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

try to make things off these ideas and post them

6 years ago

Vampires and Robots that run on human blood fight over the limited human blood supply in an epic war of the supernatural versus the machines.

or
A seemingly ordinary horse is visited by a mystical presence that promises to make her a unicorn, but she must face the dangers of escaping her stable if she wants access to this new and mysterious world.

or

A spaceship that can surpass the speed of light allows some humans to escape our solar system with its dying sun. How will humanity decide who gets to be a passenger?

or
A special computer virus is engineered by a rogue Apple employee to control human desires and impulses.

or
A pet store with an overflow of cats sells them at a very low price. However, what seemed to be normal kittens were actually the offspring of an alien that can body jump from human host to human host, causing each of their hosts to commit suicide after 24 hours.

or possibly a game where you try to escape 100 floors

or maybe a two player story or multiplayer 

THOSE ARE ALL mY IDEAS I HAVE IN MY JOURNAL SO HOPEFULLY YOU CAN GET A MULTIPLAYER STORY THAT WOULD BE COOL

6 years ago

k

6 years ago

No.

6 years ago
I'm not entirely sure what is being asked here. It looks like a prompt thread? And so should have gone in the CC I guess. But then the bit about multiplayer games confuses me.

Well anyway, clear communication is one of the most important skills for a writer. That and putting threads on the right board.

6 years ago

Will this multiplayer game pertain to the likes of call of duty and minecraft survial games?

6 years ago

The kittens one could be cool with some modifications... Maybe the alien forces you to face the issues in your life/removes your ability to repress/suppress your problems. Why are you not: applying for a new job, being assertive with your boss, applying to grad school, dating etc.? 

The alien forces you into a crisis where you must face your problems and make movement to resolve them... or be lost in a spiral of anxiety and depression... your usual forms of escapism (video games, alcohol, reading, work) are no longer effective while the alien is in you. So it's both a curse and (hopefully eventually) a blessing in that it precipitates a turning point in your life.

I certainly prefer the anxiety/depression option as you retain hope/the potential for change (as opposed to suicide). Maybe in the depths of despair, even leaving the house is helpful... but then progressively more is required of you to satisfy the alien... then it grows bored when you major problems are solved and jumps to someone else?  

Not sure what you mean by multiplayer, but here's an option: You play as the husband who must come clean about his infidelity/enter couples counseling/be more assertive with his wife. And then as the wife, who must accept her own failings/denial of what been happening, and then work on the relationship as well as move forward in her life in other ways such as grad school/finding a career she actually enjoys etc...?

6 years ago
What kinds of things do you want us to make? Power tools? Home designs?