Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago

Okay, I’ve been hated a lot for making a alt account and saying ‘mmm’, you know shitposting and such, for a social experiment and so.

But this isn’t a shitpost, more of a question I’ve had for quite some time.What was the first ever storygame.While admins are the logical choice that’s not counted, I mean by the first user.Since admins had a advantage of private site access.

So does anybody know the mythical ‘first user game.’If so you would most likely ponder my curiosity, this is possibly a frequently asked question so I may get a specific answer.Most likely though, even senior and respected members won’t have an answer, well they could probably just twist the code of the site to find it.Yeah so that’s it I guess .

Also didn’t know that custom-ish emojis exist here smiley.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
Almost certainly garbage and long since deleted. The site has been around since the early 2000s and has had at least one name change. The place is a living fossil, which contrasts with Infinite Story, which is just plain dead.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
Well you were shitposting even before that honestly and though you've claimed a few times you're hated, that's really giving yourself far too much credit. I doubt anyone feels anything towards you beyond annoyance and mild disgust, and the majority are likely completely indifferent.

What was the intent of that 'social experiment' by the way?

Well anyway I'm not sure what was actually meant by things like 'ponder my curiosity ' since I can't imagine anyone caring enough to do that but as for your question, you would probably need 3J or someone to answer it. Although most of the early games have been culled by now and I'm not sure there's any way for even admins to look them up, or search for oldest users. Although End or Berka would be able to answer in that case.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
I'm always sceptical when someone uses the phrase 'social experiment'.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
Is sceptical some weird British spelling thing

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
You say "weird" as if you didn't bastardise our precious language with an odd obsession with 'z's and not nearly enough 'u's. Oh yeah, and saying aluminium like aluminum.

Hang on, let me make that comprehensible: 'bastardize'.

Funnily enough, I did try it with a 'k' first, before realising it looks wrong and that my mind is slowly being polluted by this site.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
You only word you spell better is grey.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago

Yeah okay 

As for the intent of the experiment, I was wondering what would happen, as I haven’t see to many shitposts.Either I’ve been to late and they have been taken down or i’ve never had the interest to run through 103 posts.Im also happy I’m not hated just annoying and mildly disgusting and majority doesn’t even care.

Maybe ponder wasn’t the right word.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago

The earliest accessible game seems to be George vrs. Neptune (its ID is 4, so it was likely created 4th or 5th). The earliest one that's still published is Finals Week! (ID 8).

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago

Cool, I’m surprised you got so close.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
Those are both founders though so I'm not sure if they count as 'normal' members.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago
They're founders! Your wizard science can't save you from the prerequisites of the search.

A Question Of Time.

6 years ago

Never mind I misunderstood and also I have no idea who might be an alt.