Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/10/2017: Order dashboards do this well enough

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jun 27 2006 2:54PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were will do
Is there any chance that you could have a List of the top members on the about us page? And you can update it too,each time a Memebr surpasses another member. Also you can put down what they did to Become a top member.Is that possible?

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
That would be cool!  It could be based on MAG points or game ratings!

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
This has been suggested before, and for some reason I didn't go for it -- anyone remember why?>

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
Do you like it now?

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago

A couple days ago I was looking at all the old rejected posts so I know this:

It would cause a competion for MAG points which isn't the intended purpose they were made.

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
It's not all about MAG points,it's also about games,and forum posts,and how any accepted features you got,and how many bugs yu got fixed,is that better Havacoman? 

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
this site is not about the compeition between members, it is the development of storygames. What would be nice is a Member page, like a list of active members (active meaning logged on in the last month), that way, its easier for me to duel someone/pm them/ etc.

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
Yeah,that sounds good to,Solo

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
I like the ranking of members myself.  Most sites have them and they encourage you to do better.  I like this idea.

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I like it to. It would be interesting to see how you compare with other members and just to see how many people there are on this site.

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago

OK -- I know i've rejected this idea in the past -- but, I've changed my mind. So, I'll do it.

I'll add a Members page that provides a way to search and sort members and shows games, etc.

Question is, where to link this? Does it deserve it's own top-level nagitation thing?

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
great, and yeah, add more links to the navigation bar plz

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago
yeah it seems to bare on the left.  Not enough stuff.

[Members] Members Page

17 years ago

I myself came up with a similar idea. I was planning on sending it, until I saw this.

MEMBER LIST PAGE

I found at times that I wanted to play a certain game and knew who the author of the game was, but had trouble finding the game itself.

Without the author being signed on at the time, and it being hard to find any of the authors other games, It ended up taking me awhile to find the game I wanted. The game being a game I saw on an authors page at one time when he was signed on, but one I never actually played. And when I decided later to play it took along time to find the game through the many game catagores

I thought it would be cool if you had a "Members list" page just like how you have a list of the games.
This way you could easily navigate and find a certain author and all his games in an instant.

The page could possibly display how many games the author made
That authors overall average game's rating
If that member is a moderator or admin
Things like that

[Members] Members Page

16 years ago

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

Rather than a list of top members, we should get a page with a full member-list on it (separated into multiple pages to reduce load time, obviously). The list could be sorted by:

• number of published storygames
  • number of forum posts
  • last active
  • alphabetical order

And the reverse of all of those too. The default could be "last active".

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

i cant believe it was six years ago when simpsons posted this. i thought he was much more recent. time flies man lol

nate

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

Just noticed that. My account's the same age, I must still look like a newbie to you haha

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I still do like this idea -- what we need is like a "User Box" that displays compact user info in a horizontal box. Maybe half-content width or something. The box would have like , the avatar, storygames, points, title ("Master Scrivner, for exaple), etc.

Does this make sense?

Can you guys think of other sites that show member infos like this that we can borrow from?

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I'd add number of featured stories and maybe their average storygame rating (so you can tell if the ones they make are good or if they just make a bunch).

But yeah, definitely want a members page.

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I still really want this. I'd love to see a page that is basically a huge grid of all of the members sortable by every category. I'm a gigantic stats junky (ask October about my beerpong stats tables haha) and this would just tickle my fancy.

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

Can you point to some other sites that do this?

One site that comes to mind is http://stackoverflow.com/users -- the site lives on "rep points" (as you may gather), but it does list users in an interesting format.

Also what categories would you imagine would be popular to sort by?

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I'm just rewriting one of my posts from this Lounge thread in here so anybody else who sees this thread will see this format suggestion for the members page. The default sort option would be Last Active, but you could sort by any of those headings.

Username Points Posts Storygames Average Rating Last Active Join Date
Sevio 31 0 0 0 1 minute ago 6/15/2012
October 2000 4116 0 0 2 minutes ago 8/6/2006
mr.xcentrix 215 245 1 5 2 minutes ago 12/5/2007

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

I like this idea a lot. It shows me a lot of information about the person. Would this replace what we have now?(Down below, where we can see who is on.)

[Members] Members Page

11 years ago

No, they would be separate. I'd assume the members page would be accessible via Help & Info