Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Most Important Features in the FWW

11 years ago

So, I don't want to bog down Alex with all of the features in the FWW. The purpose of this thread is to determine which of the features is the consensus most important. For me, it's clear cut:

Publicly Editable Articles - 1
Best Comments - 1
Re-Order Page Links in Storygames - 1

The rules of this thread are simple: you may post your three (and only 3.. though you may post fewer) favorite wishing well ideas and I'll use my admin powers to tally the results at the top. Hopefully that gives Alex a clear idea of what we want. I just ask that you read all of the feature wishing well ideas before voting.

The count:

Feature: Score:
Members page 4
Force comments for low ratings to count 3
Remove/combine the classic editor 2
Upvote/downvote system for the FWW 2
Copying/moving pages 2
Publicly editable articles 1
Best comments 1
Re-order page links in storygames 1
Advanced game features 1

11 years ago

This will definitely help! And Just to add to this (and feel free to EDIT your original post and DELETE this add-on, since this is like a "living" thread), consider how the CYS Roadmap fits into all of this. It's like any renovation, onces you're "in there" it's easy to fix stuff.

Right now, everything's being driven from the new look --- and a key part of that is the Storygame Overview / Player features (I should edit that and add the Featured Comments idea), so I'm thinking of just accepting a bunch of features related to the area I'm currently renovating, or something...

11 years ago

Members page. Top of my list.

11 years ago

Are there any other features you think are important?

11 years ago

I wouldn't mind forced comments either. It's a joy for me to hear what people think about my game and I would also like that feature installed.

Also, I don't mind giving a comment and take it quite seriously.

11 years ago

Relevant FWW suggestion.

Anyway, here are my three:

Upvote/downvote system for the FWW.
Force comments for low ratings to count.
Remove/combine the classic editor.

11 years ago

Advanced Game features

Member's Page

Moving/Copying Pages

These are the features I think are the most important. Rest are more "nice to haves" for me.

11 years ago

Lets keep it going :)

11 years ago

Member's Page

Remove/Combine Classic Editor

Force Comments and IP

11 years ago

Actually I want to change my vote. I think the Upvote/Downvote System for the FWW is more important than Remove/Combine Classic Editor.

11 years ago

Giving this another bump! More participation please.

11 years ago
Member's Page.

Moving/Copying Pages.

Upvote/downvote system for 'FWW'.

11 years ago

I could definitely use some help on the members page -- specifically how to present information info in a list or compact view. Look for inspiration when you search for people via facebook etc. Only thing that comes to mind for me is the linked in search page (example).

11 years ago

I was thinking more like a basic list. For example:

Username Last Active Storygames Points Posts Join Date
October 1 minute ago 0 1994 4112 8/4/2006
cool74 1 minute ago 0 348 5544 4/29/2011
Bovolt 2 minutes ago 0 30 4 4/27/2011

Each of the subheadings would be able to be sortable (that's the whole point of having a list in this format). By default, it would be sorted by Last Active, but you could sort members by alphabetical order, number of storygames published, number of points, number of posts and join date.

11 years ago

I think we need to include the number of storygames that are featured, or at least the average rating of their storygames (more likely the mode rating).

Also think the order should be:

Username - Points - Posts - # Storygames - [AVG Rating/# SGs featured] - Last Active - Join Date

11 years ago

I'd go with average rating - just because the number of users with featured storygames is going to be pretty low. But yeah, I like your order better. So maybe:

Username Points Posts Storygames Average Rating Last Active Join Date
Sevio 31 0 0 0 1 minute ago 6/15/2012
October 1995 4114 0 0 2 minutes ago 8/6/2006
mr.xcentrix 215 245 1 5 2 minutes ago 12/5/2007

11 years ago

Yea, an entire column for amount of featured story games would probably be largely unused, however I still think we should somehow differentiate those with one or more featured games (as well as admins).

Maybe just a star beside their name if they have one or more featured games, and either give a unique colour or some sort of tag to those who are admins. Could add filters too, like to only see the admins , or who joined after/before X date, etc. Though filters are largely a "nice-to-have" feature I think. Just the basic list with the ability to sort the different categories should be enough on its own.

Also, maybe for those who have trophys we could add that beside their name...

Or better yet, just have a misc category which would show if they have a featured game/are an admin/have a trophy/etc. Put that in front of usernames and use only pictures to show them (using tooltips to describe what each picture signifys).

Though I'm sure the way October shows it now would be fine too.